Zunaid

[AD] Exporting Issue : png exported half the size

Hello

I am having this new issue where i am trying to export some icons. And the resulted icons are half the sizes. I have selected anything that should result in half the size.

I used single png-24 for export. I have actually used this settings before. It was good.

I exported icons of 80 x 80 px size. It was fine. Now when i export it's 40 px.

Can any tell me what might be the issue?

Follow me: Instagram | Dribbble

Hi Zunaid,

Can you please upload the file using this link so i can take a look?

Don't forget to add you forum username to the file name.

Thanks

Thank you for the reply. It's not specific to a file. I created a new doc and rectangle and then tried to export.

Do i need to do a factory reset?

Thank you for the reply. It's not specific to a file. I created a new doc and rectangle and then tried to export.

Do i need to do a factory reset?

Hi Zunaid,

Can you please upload the file using this link so i can take a look?

Don't forget to add you forum username to the file name.

Thanks

Another point, i chose Retina Png.

The export i got was half the size and normal size. Shouldn't it be normal size and then twice.

I exported 80 px 80px icon and received 40px and 80 px respectively. I thought i would get 80px and 160px.

Update on issue:

I guess it has something to do with DPI. When DPI is 72 it exports normal size and for retina normal and twice.

If DPI is 144 which happened when i selected device it become half the size for single png and for retina half and normal size.

Due to some knowledge deficiency with DPI issue, i can't really explain properly why it happened. But this is why its happening. 

Also another question, If i try to export something. It adds 1px extra for some reason. For example if choose 400 x 400 px shape when i go to export persona and create slice it becomes 401 x 401 px.

Why additional 1 px. It can be resized.

It would be nice if someone can explain.

Thank you.