You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Asset rotation showing inaccurate dimensions

In this simple example attached, I have pulled an asset into my artboard and made a rotation. Even with a circular asset the rotation no longer accurately shows the dimensions. 

I found work around by un-grouping and re-grouping the objects, but I don't feel like this complements the workflow.

post-48816-0-93798900-1487881930_thumb.png

post-48816-0-81341600-1487881934_thumb.png

Hi QuietDesign

This is actually kind of intended. The reset selection box option basically resets the blue control outline to 0 degrees rotation, but not the object itself. Because of this, the dimensions you are seeing are that of the new bounding box which has to be larger to form the square. If you click reset selection again it will put the bounding box back it it's original rotated position around the shape

The un-group/group method works as you are create a brand new group which by default has a rotation point of 0 degrees.

It can be a bit hard to explain so apologies if this is slightly confusing

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris,

After playing with it some more I can see how it can be intended. I would like to refer to another thread that brought me to post this bug : Here. Although the way the boundaries behave with assets is by design, I would still argue that we need an option to reset boundaries for where it is needed in the workflow.

Thank you.