You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

{Warning: Purely happy feedback post below. If you want your ego stroked, keep reading.}

I wasn't sure where to put this but I have just started working with Affinity's trial, coming from using Gimp and then Photoshop. My goal is to simply make book covers, so I need to know a host of things. It's going to be slow going. But in the few amazing tutorials I've watched, I felt compelled to tell someone how freaking amazing you guys and gals are. 

1. Tutorials - You completely rock. Photoshop claims to have tutorials - there are like 2. Nothing like what you have done. I'm blown away. You have no idea how helpful it is not to have to search Youtube for user tutorials to do basic things. So thank you so much and keep it up! 

2. Simplicity - This deserves (and will get soon enough) an entire blog post. But basically, in the few tutorials I've watched I've learned how simple it is to do things I was struggling and annoyed with in Photoshop and Gimp. Simple things like transforming, cutting out images, adding a simple vignette, gradient adjustments are soooo much more intuitive and simple than Photoshop. 

Both of these are HUGE to newbies. Photo editing software is scary and extremely intimidating, especially when you have a specific goal (like making book covers) in mind. I wanted to test Affinity to see if it was more or less newbie friendly. From what I've seen, Affinity is much easier and welcoming than Photoshop. And much easier on the budget too! I'm so glad I discovered you all. And to think I only did because I found the PagePlus Starter Edition on my computer while cleaning up files, found your site to learn more, and discovered Affinity. I'm waiting on bated breath for Affinity Publisher to handle formatting my print books. I imagine it will be much easier and user friendly than Indesign so I'm waiting patiently. 

Yes, this was purely a thanking and gushing post. But I had to tell you how awesome it is so far. You guys are killing it! If I make a successful cover, I'll post my results. And I'll tell all my writer friends about it. Keep up the great work!

• Staff

Thanks for your words lilmisslondon and Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Glad to know you're enjoying the software. If you have any questions or find trouble with something just let us know.

Looking forward too see your work here in the forums. There already a few book covers posted from other users in the Share you work section.