You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi panutsss,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You don't have any layer created in Affinity Photo (see Layers panel) so there's no layer to paint on. Affinity Photo should create one automatically for you when you try to paint on canvas, if not click Add Pixel Layer icon on the bottom of the Layers panel (the second counting from right) then with the brush selected try to pain on canvas.

The yellow paper/ you have in a the middle of your screenshot seems from a third-party application (maybe that green line icon or Evernote on the menu bar) that may be interfering with Affinity. If it still keeps appearing when you try to paint disable it, or add Affinity Photo to the exclusion list of those applications if they have one.

I "add pixel layer" and found same problem.

I try close all program and open only "Affinity" it still have same problem too T^T 
What a third-party application make problem like this? 

Please, help me again.

Thank you.

Hi panutsss,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You don't have any layer created in Affinity Photo (see Layers panel) so there's no layer to paint on. Affinity Photo should create one automatically for you when you try to paint on canvas, if not click Add Pixel Layer icon on the bottom of the Layers panel (the second counting from right) then with the brush selected try to pain on canvas.

The yellow paper/ you have in a the middle of your screenshot seems from a third-party application (maybe that green line icon or Evernote on the menu bar) that may be interfering with Affinity. If it still keeps appearing when you try to paint disable it, or add Affinity Photo to the exclusion list of those applications if they have one.

For what little it is worth, Ink (also known as Inkwell) has been built into OS X since version 10.2 or so. In Apple's not-so-infinite wisdom, it appears as a System Preferences item only when a compatible graphics tablet is attached to the Mac, which is probably why it is so obscure. It is quite old -- the copyright notice for the Ink preference pane is "Copyright 2001-2009 Apple Inc." -- & I don't think it has been updated since it was first added to the OS.

I am a little surprised it hasn't been mentioned in the forum before -- if 'allow in any app' is the default setting it seems like quite a few users with graphics tablets would have been puzzled by its appearance in Affinity.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7