You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Real time editing of embedded files in Trial disabled?

• Staff

Welcome to the forum meisterrossi :)

Nothing is disabled in the trial version. It's the full version but just limited to 10 days. If you start a new document and embed an image, do you get the same crash? Is it possible to attach your document to this thread for us to look into this further? Feel free to PM me a link to your file if you don't want to make it public :)

Jörg, I downloaded your two files, followed your method and did not experience a crash!

Attached is a screenshot of what I see.  I have placed your logo on both versions of the Test image; you can see them clearly.  One thing I did notice, which is I suspect caused by my lack of knowledge of Designer: if I place a copy of the logo only partly across one of the images, the area outside the image is invisible.  If I place the logo wholly outside one of the images, it remains completely visible.  This is shown in the screenshot.

post-28542-0-52198000-1487933792_thumb.jpg

Not sure whether what I found will help you or not.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• Staff

Hi meisterrossi,

I'm not able to reproduce the crash here. Can you please attach the crash report to the post as well?

If you close the app (or restart your system) does it still happen when you perform the same operation?

Thanks.

@Jeff

The logo disappearing outside the boundary of the artboard is by design. We clip the view so objects are only visible inside the artboard area unless placed completely outside the artboard (on the canvas). For non-artboard documents this behaviour can be controlled through the menu View ▸ View Mode ▸ Clip to Canvas.

@Jeff

The logo disappearing outside the boundary of the artboard is by design. We clip the view so objects are only visible inside the artboard area unless placed completely outside the artboard (on the canvas). For non-artboard documents this behaviour can be controlled through the menu View ▸ View Mode ▸ Clip to Canvas.

@MEB,

Thanks for this.  I suspected the "problem" was my lack of knowledge!!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• 2 weeks later...