Sign in to follow this  
Qu4ntumSpin

AD (1.5.2.58) bug Moving Up/Down assets categories is super slow even when closed

Hello,

Bug: 

Moving the assets sub-categories up/down is extremely slow, not sure what structure you are using to store your assets, but it looks like you are acting on every object inside the struct to be that slow...

Feature request:

Since up/down are very slow, maybe add a to top / bottom options so at least it is usable in a short amount of time.

Best regards

Hi Qu4ntumSpin

Is this a custom asset set you are getting this with? I've tried the default iOS assets and they don't take that long at all. If so are you able to provide a sample asset pack. you can upload using this link to keep it private

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hello Chris_K

I have uploaded the file "Material-Design-Icons.afassets", it is as work in progress for porting official material icons resources.

It will be then shared on the forum with all the licenses and other assets for doing material design.

You can reproduce the issue simply by sending sub-categories up and down. Even when all closed, they take a ridiculous amount of time to sort.

Best regards

EDIT:
I tested on two computers:
- One very recent desktop with nvidia 1070 gpu, etc...
- A surface book performance (which is recent too, but nothing comparable to the desktop)
So I doubt it is related to hardware performance but rather the way objects (dev speaking) are handled in the assets.
Plus adding a "to top", "to bottom" is quite common and obvious specially in a designer program that handles a lot of assets / layers of objects.

I think this may also be related to the number of assets that you have in the category. I've tried with you asset pack and it is slower than the default one. I'll get this passed over to development to see if there is anything we can do to speed it up

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I think this may also be related to the number of assets that you have in the category. I've tried with you asset pack and it is slower than the default one. I'll get this passed over to development to see if there is anything we can do to speed it up

Thank you

PS: This shouldn't be a problem if they handle correctly those assets in memory.

Only the sort index should change. Now it is maybe inherent to how they handle/display each subcategory of asset.

Anyway, thanks for raising the ticket