You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can the eyedropper select a color from a single layer, instead of the flattened result of all layers?

In Photoshop, you can set a simple preference for the eyedropper, to pick the color from the currently selected layer, or the resulting color from the displayed (flattened) set of all layers, or some other options:

post-52795-0-85632600-1487773193_thumb.png

I regularly paint on a layer underneath other layers, and in PS I can select colors from the layer I'm painting on while I work. In Affinity, when I use the color picker while I'm painting, it picks the resulting color from all layers, which means that new color is dramatically wrong when I apply it to the "underpainting" layer.

Is this an existing feature I haven't been able to find? Or is this simply not an option in Affinity?

Thanks for the response! This is half the issue, so I appreciate you pointing out the feature - I totally missed it.

In Photoshop, when you select a color picker selection source, it persists in other modes (like painting), so when you use the option-click/drag shortcut to select a color, it uses the source type you set.

It appears Affinity doesn't do that, and I'm not sure what purpose that serves. Is that a feature that can be changed in the settings somewhere?

EDIT: Bump?