jgarza

AD Causes OS CRASH When Exporting 300dpi to 72 (export for web)

AD Causes OS CRASH When Exporting 300dpi to 72 (export for web) - When exporting a 300dpi document to 72 (PDF for web), my entire computer becomes unresponsive and then I get blue screen of death. (new dell computer). MAJOR ISSUE.

It appears that AD can't calculate or export hi rez PDF images (6.5 x 8 inch output) without the memory and CPU maxing out and crashing the OS.

Hey jgarza,

I've just tried a document at 600dpi with 10 artboards, each with shapes, text and a high resolution image and my export was absolutely fine. It took a while for the export dialog to appear but I would sort of expect it at this size document.

Did you manage to catch the error message on the blue screen at all? It could be a driver issue but we would need to know a bit more info about your system specs including graphics driver versions. 

Cheers.

Here is why I think it may be AD ... when I choose PDF (for Export) I can export the large file (around 36mb)...but when I choose PDF (for web) from the drop down, the calculating size never finishes and then my OS completely locks up.

Here some of my sys info.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron 5559
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 06B2
Processor Intel® Core i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.2.3, 8/25/2016

I know you guys are working hard out there, keep up the good work. I am looking forward to Publisher!

but when I choose PDF (for web) from the drop down, the calculating size never finishes and then my OS completely locks up.

This sounds familiar to me. I'm sure I was speaking with another user who stated something about the 'calculating size' message never finishing which lead to a crash. I'll do some more poking. Thanks for the specs too.