Mensch Mesch

[Fixed] Add global color from text object

Hi!

When I try to define a global color from the fill of a text object AD just creates a new document palette but not the color itself. If I then click on the symbol next to the palette combobox it works.

A subscriber on my Youtube channel has the same problem with AD for Windows.

Globale-Farbe.gif

Find me on YouTube | Mensch Mesch | MeWe | Twitter | Pinterest

iMac27 5k 32 GB | macOS 10.12.6 | AD 1.6.1 | AP 1.6.7 | iPad Pro2 | APiPad 1.6.7

Affinity Designer 1.7 | Affinity Photo 1.7 | Affinity Publisher 1.7 (ordered)

Hi Mensch Mesch,

I believe this is by design. When you use the Add Global Colour command from the Swatches panel menu, Affinity Designer/Photo simply adds a generic global colour you must define in the Global Colour dialog that appears. It's not picking the fill from any object (selected or not). To explicitly add a fill from a selected object as a global colour you have to click the second palette icon on the right of the palette dropdown in the Swatches panel as you did (tooltip: Add current colour to palette as global colour).

Thanks for the prompt reply MEB! That makes sense. But when you click on a different object like a rectangle it works with the first way (right click | context menü | add fill as global color).

Find me on YouTube | Mensch Mesch | MeWe | Twitter | Pinterest

iMac27 5k 32 GB | macOS 10.12.6 | AD 1.6.1 | AP 1.6.7 | iPad Pro2 | APiPad 1.6.7

Affinity Designer 1.7 | Affinity Photo 1.7 | Affinity Publisher 1.7 (ordered)