You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Typekit/Cloud fonts?

Hi guys,

Wasn't really sure whether to put this in 'Feature Requests' or not, so here it sits.

Before I cancelled most of my Creative Cloud, I used Typekit fairly heavily, and was really impressed with it overall. It got me wondering if a feature like that would work well with the Affinity suite. I'm sure it would but have not got a clue of the logistical/financial issues which may surround it.

Any thought been given to it?

Thanks,

Stu Wilkie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

No, I'll rent when I believe it is appropriate. I'll rent ID CC when a client requires me to return files in that version. Rarely have I not had a required font, though. If they require a font I don't have, I build the cost into the project.

I get a couple jobs a year where I need to rent ID and I do so for a month at a time for those jobs. All the other ID work I do I use CS6 and older.

But what I won't do is an on-going subscription for anything.

Edited. Someone should not use their phone for posting, but also put on his reading glasses...

I do so gorgeous a month

Typing on your phone, Mike? :unsure:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I get a couple jobs a year where I need to rent ID and I do so for a month at a time for those jobs. All the other ID work I do I use CS6 and older.

Not to derail the thread but when you dip in and out of the CC, how do you work it? I was thinking about doing the same thing, but Adobe seem very unwelcoming in relation to single programs subscriptions for a short period. As in, a ID subscription for a month without a yearly contract would be about £30. Not sure I could stomach that.

The cost is insignificant in comparison to the revenue. I wouldn't rent the thing for a small job.

Once upon a time, I had about a 60/40 split between ID/QXP. It's now greatly QXP work in comparison. Part of that is my own doing, though. I had to scale way back due to health issues and it was just the way it worked out. Even so, several clients switched to QXP.