BabyAzerty

Slice a spritesheet into multiple files

I have a spritesheet of characters with transparent background and a common size for each characters.

Is there a fast way to export the spritesheet into multiple files with one character per file ?

Something like an automatic slicing export ?

Thanks for the program :-)

Hi Meb,

Thanks for the reply.

I saw that video earlier, but I have a spritesheet with 90 characters sprites. I can't copy+paste my slice selection and I do not see any automatic system to slice them based on the alpha background.

If there is no such function yet, I would like to put this as a feature request :)

I've been using Pixelmator for years but it has very limited vector functions.

So I bought Affinity yesterday after a 2h trial ! Awesome product :wub:

Slices will be improved soon.  I'll add copy and paste / power duplicate of slices then.

I hadn't thought about auto-slicing yet.  Might be something we can think about.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Hi. In the video the slices appear in a tab view on the right.. like the layer view. I don't have that view on my export persona. How on earth do I make it appear ? I've tried the View->Studio->Slices toggle but that doesn't do anything. At the moment I can only export my slices if I select each one individually 8(