You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.5.14 Windows. URGENT is a possible batch or macro

G'day from Australia.

A few weeks back I purchased Designer and Photo.

I have been working hard at learning Designer. What a great program.

I have now created 56 Designer files, which are A3 landscape files.

CHALLENGE

I need to add a watermark/copyright image over all the images and save the images as PNG files.

I have not yet used Photo, so I wonder if some of the experts could tell me if what I want to do is possible, either in batch mode or as a macro.

If it is possible to do this, then could some kind soul show me what to do in extremely simply directions. I have now reached the big 70, I am slowing down a bit :D , so please be patient. Thank you for you help.

Of course if this is not possible I will do it manually, but I need this done ASAP.

Best wishes and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hooroo for now.

Paul.

• Staff

Hi Paul,

You can achieve this a couple of ways which i'll go through.

1, If you already have watermark created and stored as a PNG you can manually place onto each of your images and then export them to PNG as you've already suggested.

2, Create/record a Macro which includes you creating a watermark, using the tools and then position, resize and apply an opacity if required. If you already have a watermark saved as a file you can record a Macro that includes placing the image, resizing, positioning etc. However the Macro won't record exporting to a different file type.

Once you have applied you watermarks to your images if they aren't saved in .PNG format you can use Batch Processing to create new .PNG versions from those files.

Thank you for your quick response and explanation.

I will give it a go.

seeya.

Hi Paul,

You can achieve this a couple of ways which i'll go through.

1, If you already have watermark created and stored as a PNG you can manually place onto each of your images and then export them to PNG as you've already suggested.

2, Create/record a Macro which includes you creating a watermark, using the tools and then position, resize and apply an opacity if required. If you already have a watermark saved as a file you can record a Macro that includes placing the image, resizing, positioning etc. However the Macro won't record exporting to a different file type.

Once you have applied you watermarks to your images if they aren't saved in .PNG format you can use Batch Processing to create new .PNG versions from those files.

• 8 months later...

Hello, 

I just tried to create a macro with the watermark text. When I press record, it tells me that macros can't handle adding text... 

I tried to search the internet, but I can't find any solution. What I need is a macro that will just write my name on the corner of the photos, hopefully at the same position and same relative text size to photo size after recognising by itself the portrait or landscape mode. 

How can I do that? Thanks in advance for enlightening me. :)