SergiP

Button and keyboard shortcut for "Place"

I use often the tool "Place" and I see there isn't any button or keyboard shortcut for it.

Is it possible to create this?

post-40488-0-34579800-1487519987_thumb.jpg

not sure what was meant by "button" However, what would be nice if one could add tools and one good one would be Place. I looked at Edit>Preferences>Tools but did not see a means to add whereas adding to the Keyboard shortcut is fine as long as one can remember the shortcut lol. I have a good memory -- just short -- like my hair!

not sure what was meant by "button" However, what would be nice if one could add tools and one good one would be Place. I looked at Edit>Preferences>Tools but did not see a means to add whereas adding to the Keyboard shortcut is fine as long as one can remember the shortcut lol. I have a good memory -- just short -- like my hair!

Oddly, there is a Place Tool Panel icon available in Designer but not in Photo. It is kind of odd that Designer has one because Place is not really a tool; it is a File command similar to Open.

Affinity Photo 1.7.0 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.135 & Affinity Designer 1.7.0.9 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Scratch my earlier question... or do I take it from the lack of response that it was a stupid question, anyway?

I find that if I drag the place icon from the right it puts the image back to front...if I drag from the left of screen it is the right way.

As a camera club member of many years I must add that I am coming to the view that Affinity Photo, especially with the excellent video tutorials is superb.  And I just love the cost saving over Photoshop!  That's the icing...

Now...if only Serif would add a Browser to rival Bridge.  Please....