Sign in to follow this  

Hi, there is a *.psd which cannot be loaded in AP and give me a problem: parsen unknown signature g (6).

Another file of the making program runs. Is there a help?

Thanks

lars

There are programms showing the painting but not the layers.

AP 1.7.3 // AD 1.7.3 // APu 1.7.3: Capture One+ 12; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.13.1, early 2012 (ret), flsh 256 GB, RAM 16 GB; // Fuji X-Pro2, XF 18 - 55, XF 55 - 200 mm, nikkor 2.8/ 20 mm with shift 

Hard to tell without knowing the PSD file and if it possibly may contains additional ressource blocks etc. - See here maybe it is related to your PSD file problem.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.3 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.3 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Ja, thanks, it´s the same problem but an other signatur. And my file is 145 MB.

lars

AP 1.7.3 // AD 1.7.3 // APu 1.7.3: Capture One+ 12; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.13.1, early 2012 (ret), flsh 256 GB, RAM 16 GB; // Fuji X-Pro2, XF 18 - 55, XF 55 - 200 mm, nikkor 2.8/ 20 mm with shift 

No, as a zip it´s only 30 MB. May be one can and like to open it? (HOW TO MAKE A BREAK HERE?) Oh I see: doppel break – no, Javascript on?

http://larshennings.de/lk3.zip

That would be fine.

regards

lars

Affinity Designer loads PSD files very well, on the odd occasion there's some issues but nothing that can't be fixed with a little tweak. I hope you find a solution to the Affinity Photo issue.

Adobe PSE can't open that PSD file, it gives an error message that it is not compatible with the version. The Mac preview and XnView can show it up.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.3 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.3 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Thanks a lot. AD says the same than AP but shows nothing. And there are some to show the pic, but not the layer that I could finissh it (I had to make it smaller to export it from the Sphone).

lars

Hi, by saving each layer as psd it was possible to bring together five in AP and three (not so difficult) shows only the mistake table.

I made them new in AP.

That´s it for me, but if you find the mistake that was fine.

lars

I've just tried the file in Photoshop, and it won't open it.

I have stepped through the file in the Affinity parser and there are definite errors in it.  The error are in the layer data, which is why programs that only load the flattened image appear to work ok.

So, the file is clearly not well formed.  What application was used to create it?

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB