You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is this what you meant?

1. made two copies of the planet

2. used the doughnut shape too as ring

3, used one of the planet copies to help cut/divide the ring

4. deleted some of the planet and ring unnecessary bits

5. rearranged the other ring bits (forgot to mention i made twp copies of those,as I used the second copy to put in front)

post-51788-0-98134200-1487474991_thumb.png

Hi Ofek Aman,

You can draw a circle, and then above it you draw a ring that you deform to place it around the circle, and then over you draw with the tool "segment" a shape that you adjust in height and you tilt it so that it does not encroach on the ring.

To have multiple rings, copy the first and paste it by changing its size.

post-37692-0-06856900-1487503998_thumb.png

Thanks all, I still have a problem though because I want the rings to have a stroke so the Anna's method doesn't work for me and Reglico's method should work but since the planet doesn't have a flat fill there's a thin line showing where the circle and the segment intersect.

Thanks all, I still have a problem though because I want the rings to have a stroke so the Anna's method doesn't work for me and Reglico's method should work but since the planet doesn't have a flat fill there's a thin line showing where the circle and the segment intersect.

The line on the drawing with the three rings is due to the applied gradient. By converting the segment into curves and aligning the nodes along the ring you can delete it.

post-37692-0-40721900-1487522837_thumb.png

Ofek, could it be that the segment has an unintentional stroke?

Hi NilsFinken,

No, the segment has no border, it is the gradient applied to the circle and the segment that creates this line at the limit of the two forms. It was my fault, I had not corrected and it did not escape Ofek Aman. :)