You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Um... where is the warp tool?

OK I Don't really know what i'm doing with this app. but the main reason I purchased it was because everyone talked about the wonderful mesh warp tool and i watched a video on tube where the guy demonstrated it. Looked fantastic but I don't have it. Why?

OK I Don't really know what i'm doing with this app.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, hexxish. :)

There are currently two Affinity apps. Which one did you buy?

Affinity Photo has a Mesh Warp Tool, a Perspective Tool, and a live Perspective filter. Affinity Designer doesn't yet have any of these features.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Are you talking using Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer? I might be wrong but I don't think Affinity Designer has the Mesh Warp tool (yet). At least I'm not seeing it in the Tools toolbar. You can find it In Affinity Photo, though. It's just above the magnifying glass in the Tools toolbar.

Affinity Photo 2.3.1 for Windows  OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 ver. 22H2  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core  RAM: 64 GB DDR5-6400  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB / driver 526.98  NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB  Monitors: 2x Eizo ColorEdge CS2420 24"

Thank you for your reply Alex_M. / Oh my God I feel really REALLY, stupid right now....... When I opened the app its default size hid everything from the rectangle tool down! I just had to enlarge the app window you know by pulling down the bottom and lengthening the the window. I  am so sorry I wasted your time. Obviously I'm no expert at this but I was very good at using a program many many years ago that was way ahead of its time called Visual Reality that in my opinion equaled Photo shop (at the time) in many ways. Anyway, thank you Alfred and Alex_M for your help. This app. is absolutely a God send in place of renting PS. Thanks again guys!  hexxish / Gregory

When I opened the app its default size hid everything from the rectangle tool down! I just had to enlarge the app window you know by pulling down the bottom and lengthening the the window.

I'm glad you got there, Gregory! Just as an FYI, it might have been simpler to maximize the window instead of pulling down its bottom edge. If you're on Windows, click on the icon next to the 'X' at the top right of the window; if you're on a Mac, click on the green button at the top left.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

If you are on a Mac, you can also use Full Screen mode: type CTRL-SHIFT-F, select that from the Windows menu, or click the green window button (Option click the green button to maximize the window instead).

The difference between Full Screen mode & maximizing the window is in FSM the top menu bar (with the Apple menu item) is hidden, giving you a bit more room for the Affinity UI. You can still access the top menu bar by moving the pointer to the top of the screen.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 3 years later...

If I have correctly understood, the mesh warp tool is only destructive, right? So, if I want to modify the warping (or if I want to apply the same warping to another image), must I to start over. OK?

And this only in Photo, because Designer has not it, right?

That seems to be a huge limit.

Thanks.

More than 30 Macs, from 1984 Mac 512K Plus to 2020 iMac 27" i9

18 hours ago, Gianni Becattini said:

the mesh warp tool is only destructive, right?

Correct; the Mesh Warp Tool performs destructive editing.

if I want to modify the warping (or if I want to apply the same warping to another image), must I to start over. OK?

Correct; although you can keep a (hidden) copy of the original if you think you might need to change the warping later.

And this only in Photo, because Designer has not it, right?

Correct; there is no Mesh Warp Tool in Designer.

That seems to be a huge limit.

That depends on whether you use mesh warping a lot. For people who don’t use it at all it’s not limiting at all.

I cannot see any reason NOT to have a warp/envelope in a vector design software. I'd be surprised if it was only used by a minority of users.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, firstdefence said:

I cannot see any reason NOT to have a warp/envelope in a vector design software. I'd be surprised if it was only used by a minority of users.

If I was a fanboy I would probably claim that it is not used by many.

But it is. It is needless to say that they didn't onboard Affinity Designer.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.