You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo RAW Develop Persona Presets

p81

Hi,

I'm a beginner and just working with RAW in the Develop Persona. My search here in the forum gave me no results, so I try to explain my wish.

While searching for a solution for camera profiles and their lenses I gave up and tried to create a preset for my Canon G7 X II. After some changes I had to create a new preset with the same name to save the preset.

So could you create a button or anything to save the preset quickly? Or is there any other solution which I don't know?

Thank you for your support and sorry for my english.

Philipp

Germany

• Staff

Hi Philipp,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To save the Lens Correction preset set the sliders ass you wish then go to the Preset dropdown and select Add Preset - you will be prompted for a name - give it a name a your preset will be added to the Presets dropdown. Next time you want to use it again just select it from the dropdown. There's no other way to do this.

Hi,

thank you for your reply and welcome, I just think about to buy Designer as well but I'm still waiting for a discount, because I'll use it just for 'playing and not as professional.

I found this solution already you wrote about.

Maybe as an idea for future versions to think about an easier way to save the preset. Except a button I have no idea too. Ok, 'Save Preset' in the dropdown has the same function as 'Add Preset' with the same 'filename'. It just disturbs at the first time while making a preset.

Second question.. are there any plans to implement 'ready to use'-default presets for different cameras? Or do we have to make our own presets for each camera? I didn't find anything about it, neither in the forum, nor the web.

• Staff

Hi p81,

Affinity already uses the Lensfun database to perform automatic lens corrections. If your lens in listed there Affinity Photo (Develop Persona) will use it by default. You can control this in the Develop Assistant (menu View ▸ Assistant Manager...) - Lens corrections dropdown.

Hi p81,

Affinity already uses the Lensfun database to perform automatic lens corrections. If your lens in listed there Affinity Photo (Develop Persona) will use it by default. You can control this in the Develop Assistant (menu View ▸ Assistant Manager...) - Lens corrections dropdown.

My lens Nikon D7200 18-140 f/3.5-5.6 is in Lensfun database, but it seems that no automatic correction is applied when I go from Develop Persona to Photo Persona, as shown in the tutorial video on Automatic Lens Corrections. Do I miss something?

Thanks, Max

Hi p81,

Ah ok, my Camera still isn't listed there (Canon Powershot G7 X Mark II), so I'm ok with it to make it manually until it will be listed hopefully.

Can I update the Lensfun-list anywhere, if my camera model or lens appears in the list?

• 1 month later...

I just found out that my new Canon Powershot G7 X Mark II is not listed in Lensfun. It is not possible to use Affinity Photo for a manual correction, so I use Canon Digital Photo Professional 4 to convert the files... I have to wait for the database upgrade.

• 5 weeks later...

I was on vacation with my Canon Powershot G7 x Mark II, a great camera to carry around in your pocket! A real vacation and street shooter camera. Unfortunately I can not use Affinity Photo for the development of the CR2 raw files that comes out of this small wonder of camera since the lens correction in Affinity Photo does not work yet.

Instead I use CameraBag Photo on my Win 10 or Surface Pro or Snapseed or VSCO on my Android tablet (or phone) to develop and edit. Lens correction is correct in those apps. 

:)

post-32046-0-28850000-1493823873_thumb.jpg