You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Anchor point instead of Rotation center

rlac

Hi guys and girls,

great products, congrats!

Maybe an anchor point would be more useful than the current rotation center.

It should work for both rotation and resizing, and in the transform panel you could use

the  Anchor point selector's midlle point post-52354-0-88826900-1487327706.png  to use your custom anchor point for the transformations.

It could also turn e.g. red for better visibility. post-52354-0-06764700-1487327717.png

Hi rlac,

I'm not sure I understood the meaning of your post but did you notice that it is possible to move the center of rotation anywhere in the figure and also outside to customize the rotation?

To display the center of rotation of an object, select the object and click the button in the upper context toolbar. The center of rotation appears and you can shoot it at the desired location using the "Move" tool.

post-37692-0-59150700-1487347680_thumb.png

Т

Hi rlac,

I'm not sure I understood the meaning of your post but did you notice that it is possible to move the center of rotation anywhere in the figure and also outside to customize the rotation?

To display the center of rotation of an object, select the object and click the button in the upper context toolbar. The center of rotation appears and you can shoot it at the desired location using the "Move" tool.

True but you can't use it as a center of resizing, only as a center of rotation.

Affinity Photo 2.3.1 for Windows  OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 ver. 22H2  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core  RAM: 64 GB DDR5-6400  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB / driver 526.98  NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB  Monitors: 2x Eizo ColorEdge CS2420 24"

True but you can't use it as a center of resizing, only as a center of rotation.

Hi Alex_M,

You are right and this confirms that I did not really understand the meaning of the post, as I suspected! I feel a little stupid.

Thank you for bringing that clarification. :)

We'll be adding resizing (and shearing) around the Rotation Centre in 1.6, via the handles. I think it would be useful if the Transform panel used it too, but I don't know if that will be done.

We'll be adding resizing (and shearing) around the Rotation Centre in 1.6, via the handles. I think it would be useful if the Transform panel used it too, but I don't know if that will be done.

I would have liked to see this kind of behaviour with the Transform tab in DrawPlus, but it never happened. :(

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

It should work for both rotation and resizing, and in the transform panel you could use

Drawing mainly technical schematic I use a lot the current rotation center function, and I enjoy it.

Do not remove it.

Now having a resizing center function could useful as well.

You can already rotate around anchor points with the mouse. On Windows use the right mouse button. I forget what it is on Mac, but the hintline in the bottom status bar explains it. You can also use anchor points in the Transform panel.

I can't see what you were about to write here.

Drawing mainly technical schematic I use a lot the current rotation center function, and I enjoy it.

Do not remove it.

Now having a resizing center function could useful as well.

Again, this is something we already have, either using the Transform panel or using the mouse with a modifier key.

You can already rotate around anchor points with the mouse. On Windows use the right mouse button. I forget what it is on Mac, but the hintline in the bottom status bar explains it. You can also use anchor points in the Transform panel.

I can't see what you were about to write here.

Again, this is something we already have, either using the Transform panel or using the mouse with a modifier key.

Dave,
I know how to rotate around a custom Rotation Center.
I don't know how to resize from a custom point, like this:

post-52354-0-88438000-1487607848_thumb.png