You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems importing RAW Photos to iMac.

Today i got Affinity Photos via Download to my IMac IOS 10.7.5. I tried to import RAW Photos from my Panasonic Lumix GM5. According to the System requirements everything should work. But when i tried to open a file (RAW or Jpeg) the Computer shuts down the program. Sometimes i get the Message: "can to read the file - it is protected (schreibgeschützt)". But the Camera and the Card are not protected in any way. The program does open Jpeg files from my Computer, but normal import from the Camera or a Card Reader is not possible.

Sorry for my English, i hope someone can help.

Thanks!

Hi and Thank you for your Answer.

Yes, i tried that, copied raw and Jpeg Photos from the Camera to my mac's desk, Affinity Photo opens the JPEGs but when it is trying to load a raw image the program crashes. I was in the phone to Panasonic Hamburg/Germany this morning, they said this is the First Time they heard of an issue like that. The advice was to return the camera. I can't believe this is only happening to me. The Camera otherwise works perfect.

Hi Thomaskarlmaria,

Since you mentioned "iPhoto" instead of Apple's newer "Photos" app, can we presume that you're on an older Mac OS? If so, perhaps that Mac OS doesn't support your Panasonic RAW file format since Apple stopped updating that component. Try this: in Affinity Photo, open the Develop Assistant and ensure that the RAW Engine is set to Serif Labs and not Apple's.

If I have mine set to Apple under Mac Yosemite, Affinity Photo will crash upon attempts to open / Develop RAW files from my Canon 80D. Setting it to Serif Labs resolved that.

Best Regards =)

post-11486-0-71479000-1487353116_thumb.png