You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Few question before buying the program

Hi,
I really want to buy this program because it's awesome, but I have a few question about it. Could you answer to it?

1. When I buy it, then what about re-installing the program? Will I still have the full version?

2. On how many pc I can instal this program? (I have 2 pc and a notebook, and I'd like to have it on all)

3. Is this licence lifetime?

And now some questions about features:

4. Are you planning to add blend option for paintbrush? Something like that:

http://img08.deviantart.net/ef7e/i/2010/003/4/f/my_photoshop_brushes_by_gijsw.jpg

or something like that what I attached to this post.

5. Could you add a name of paintbrush in peinbrush list? I have a lot of paintbrush and I can't be sure which is which without a name.

6. Are you planning add a features which works like "Lazy Nezumi Pro" for Photoshop?

I'll be greatful for your help :) Thank you :)

post-52276-0-89489500-1487243017_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi bobek784,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

1. Yes you can always re-download/re-install it at any time from our own store (Windows versions) and Mac App Store (for Mac version).

2. As a private individual, you can download, install, use and run for personal use, one copy of the Serif Software directly on each computer that you personally own or control. Check Digital Orders | How many computers can I install a digital product on? section for more details.

3. Yes, you can keep the version you have bought for as long as you want. Minor updates are free (1.5, 1.6, 1.x). Major updates (upgrades) are paid (2.0, 3.0, etc).

4. You didn't specify which program you are referring to - Designer or Photo -, in any case currently i don't know if this is planned or not.

5. Yes you can name them (the name is displayed as a tooltip - not directly in the Brushes panel interface)

6. Yes, we are planning to add brush stabilisation in version 1.6.

I advise you to download and install the trial of the program you are interested in and give it a try. There's already trial versions available for both Mac and Windows platforms on our website.

• 2 weeks later...

... 2. As a private individual, you can download, install, use and run for personal use, one copy of the Serif Software directly on each computer that you personally own or control. Check Digital Orders | How many computers can I install a digital product on? section for more details.

Hey Miguel,

The above link refers to Windows. Is it the same for Apple?

Thanks

Michael 

I

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

Anything distributed by the Mac App Store must adhere to its terms. 

To use the Mac App Store (or any of Apple's other stores) you must accept the terms and conditions set forth in one of those long legal agreements that pop up when you first use them (the ones that Mac users usually don't read & just click the "Accept" button).

There are online versions of these documents, confusingly titled "iTunes Store - Terms and Conditions" in web browser title bars but in the document itself titled, "Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions." There are several versions localized for different countries or regions, for example for the US, UK, or France, but they all say about the same thing regarding the use of Mac App Store Apps.

It is also very nearly the same as the Serif/Affinity license agreement, except for the legal boilerplate about the applicable contract law (England for Serif/Affinity; California USA for Apple).

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 4 weeks later...

Similar question. I have the trial version and went thru some of the tutorials but many of the features in the tutorial are not there in the trial version. Not sure if that is because i am using a Windows version or because it is a trial version.

Before i buy can someone confirm if the features (actually most of them) unavailable on the windows trial version would be available on the purchased windows version. I am looking at some of the filters and live filter options which are not available on the trial version.

Raghu

• Staff

Raghu,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums

Please be aware that the trial version is exactly the same as the purchase version. There are no missing or disabled features. If you cannot find a feature then perhaps you have not appreciated that there are 2 programs different Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo with independent features. Perhaps you are looking at tutorials for one and not for the other.

Also the Windows version and the Mac version are as identical as possible so there are no major feature differences, only OS differences like Finder/Explorer.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Also the Windows version and the Mac version are as identical as possible so there are no major feature differences, only OS differences like Finder/Explorer.

There are also differences in filter plugin support in Affinity Photo, but that shouldn't affect one's ability to follow most tutorials. The reference to "looking at some of the filters and live filter options which are not available" suggests that Raghu wants to do photo editing but has downloaded the trial version of Affinity Designer.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)