You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer SWF Flash format export

I'm thinking about to buy CrazyTalk 3 2D animation software, but I found a problem. Affinity Designer doesn't export or save in SWF Flash, the only vector format accepted for CrazyTalk. It's very interesting that they offer a tutorial about how export assets from Serif DrawPlus... supposedly replaced by Affinity Designer.

Any chance that you include support for SWF?

Affinity Desinger & Photo | Macbook Pro 13" Early 2015 | macOS Sierra 10.12.6 | Intel Core i5 2.7GHz | 8GB RAM | Intel Graphics 6100 1536MB

• 3 years later...

SWF is a legacy format. SVG is a good replacement format for vector art import into a game engine. It's on the developers' heads of game engines to support it. GameMaker Studio still insists on the decrepit SWF format to import vector art, which is just plain dumb. Besides, it has all sorts of technical limitations.

For example, Unity and Godot will import SVG directly. HTML-based game engines may support it as well, or you use plain vanilla JS with a SVG library to take care of it.

But to expect support for SWF export at this point in time? Time to change your workflow.