You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to Close a Path with a Corner Bezier Point?

Hi,

when I draw a path (shape on the left) and then try to close it (shape on the right) the first point in the curve becomes smooth. Default behavior in AI is that it will be a corner point. is there any way to change this behavior (other than tweaking the curve afterward)?

thanks,

Sven

PS. I wonder (and by wonder I plainly mean I am curious) about what decisions where made by the Affinity team in how much they adhere to standard behavior (AI) and where to break away from that. I'd guess that one would only want to change tools/shortcuts etc whenever interaction/tools can be made more efficient for the user or there are other payoffs, as you pay for it by making adoption more difficult (muscle memory and having to find out what tools work how). My biggest gripe with AD at the moment is that it doesn't seem to make transition too easy (tools behave different ways, non-remappable shortcuts, etc - some of these can be fixed, some need to be this way). I am pretty fluent in AI, but back to minimal speed when using AD - which means I can def not use it in production. Of course speed will increase with usage, but I wish Affinity would emulate AI behavior of tools a little closer.

post-651-0-88466300-1417905719_thumb.png