You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dear Friends and Community, 

I´m doing an Illustrator course (never had a course for design in my life) and there is this tool, mesh tool,is there a similar tool in AD? or something to get the same "effect" or the same "finish" people say that with gradient, but it is not the same.

Thanks for your support,

Regards, 

Jose A. 

Hi Jose,

for shading and texturing Affinity is second to none.

Obviously it has its own workflows, and these are so powerful that it is easy to live without Mesh Tool (even if in roadmap).

I suggest you to follow Sir Jonathan Ball course

https://www.skillshare.com/pokedstudio/teaching

Also to purchase the AffinityWorkbook where he wrote an awesome tutorial, together with other masters such as Ben and Kevin specifically about vector illustration and relative shading techniques.

If you want a suggestion about a design strategy I could say Shapes +  LayerFX Gaussian Blur + Blending modes could do the trick maybe?

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers