I would like you to imitate History from photoshop by adding an anchor where you want stay then you can go back and do whatever you like and you still have the option to go to the marked step.

Something horrible happened to me today, I just went back in history like 5 hours of work, and then I did accidentally a change in the document and I couldn't go back to the current step, the document autosaved and I couldn't recover my work.

I think you need to improve the way documents are autosaved. I like how Apple Motion 5 has a backup history.

Hey Sasiow,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you lost the work. You do need to be extremely careful when you go back in the History. I'll move this to Feature Requests as I think this is a really good idea. 

Maybe I am missing something but don't we already have the Snapshot feature that is more or less like the 'anchor' feature requested?

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Yeah you can use that but to me it sounded like Sasiow wanted something adding to the History Panel. I use Snapshots but occasionally forget to set them. It's definitely an option though.