You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity strength on industry world, fight back to back with Illustrator

ohmaild

Hi this is my first post.

Would like to thank you affinity for creating this wonderful beautiful software and to my surprise slowly and slowly it will surpass the monopolised control of the Adobe.  There is still some features and some tools and tweak need to attend and need your attention and most of us all designer out there will agree with it.

I have been a graphic designer from Advertisting world to Printing and website for more than 7 years now. And most of my workflow is with (guess what) is with Adobe CC. Varies from After Effects for most of my Moving and Animated advertising TV and Screen display from bank to restaurant, Lightroom for some tweaks adjustment on images, and the grand daddy of all effects the Photoshop for all kind of image manipulation, specially if I am too lazy to create 3D rendering using 3ds Max which I use for most of the mockup like table stand with all those banners hanging around on buildings, tables for signage and some architectural design, ( I am also a 3Ds modeller and Renderer: Vray and Corona, Vue and LumenRT and UnrealDevelopment Game Engine) and such, using series of CC packages like Adobe Muse for website and Dreamweaver if I need to code scripts and Adobe Experience Design for some apps.  But most of the time I am a heavy Illustrator user, most of my work on printings and adds is always with Illustrator.

To my suprise, I never use any Illustrator Application aside from Adobe Illy, but this Affinity Design really caught my attention, I have started Affinity Design this day and tried out with my current project with my restaurant clients for their flyers.  I am currently on Brunei Darussalam and would like to share with you my art and review with AD.  And with this I might start some setbacks and adjustment that I have encounter but found a way or manages to cope up and understand how logically Affinity Designer was made with their tools.  Actually workflow wise, I am using Photoshop then Photoshop to Affinity Design went smoooooth. Satisfied with it.  Maybe one of this day I will try Affinity Photo to fight back to back with Photoshop and I believe it will be very very interesting. Regards and thank to all

Galatians 2:20

Heres the latest flyer I have made this day for their restaurant. I am really satisfied with the performance of AD. Designing is actually breeze and fast. A little where to find and look for those shortcut keys and some fiddling around with tools and combination tricks to achieved whats the leading you know the Illy can offer. And you know what it really amazed me.

post-52179-0-14347600-1487162093_thumb.jpg

post-52179-0-54018800-1487162335_thumb.jpg

post-52179-0-72891300-1487162346_thumb.jpg

post-52179-0-03195400-1487162813_thumb.png

post-52179-0-31180200-1487162858_thumb.jpg

The images is done with AD for the entire design sample of the restaurant menu, then using Affinity Photo to create it and manipulate it on another image the table inside the restaurant, place it on tabe as mockup sample of what it will be on real world once it is printed. Affinity Photo really did a good job there. I have a little fiddle around again to finaly finish it satisfyingly.

post-52179-0-05231400-1487167274_thumb.jpg

Here is my other client for their exhibit launching at Brunei Convention Centre.

All done in Ad and AP.

Later on, I will post my trouble or what other tweak or adjustment or such that Affinity dev should attend to.

post-52179-0-67928200-1487167816_thumb.jpg

Nice work with the menus on the table picture, very realistic

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff

Hi ohmaild,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Glad to know you are happy with the software and already using it for production work.

Nothing shows better what can be achieved with Designer/Photo than real word examples of projects/works created with them.

Thanks for sharing with us. Looking forward for more...

Nice work with the menus on the table picture, very realistic

Thanks, actually i have made one also using (you know the AdobePhotoshop) but that one was done with Affinity Photo. No need to post, it exactly the same and where displaying the strength of Affinity on industry. Actually I am struggling with proper angle perspective when I edit it, because in Photoshop we can use the vanishing point features, I dont know yet if Affinity Photo has the same features, so what I did is just create a bunch of line using proper perspective point from the images then use it as reference, anyway thats the vanishing point in manual creation.  I am not sure if Affinity has plan to have the same features. It will be very very helpful. As for shadows and such, just do a pint job with some references from the drop shadow effects of the affinity photo then paint a shadow to make it more realistic, referencing the actual shadow that you can see on the glass of plant.

Here what I have made this day as of Feb 16, 2017 for the banner promotion for my clients here in Brunei Darussalam. Made with Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo for image enhancement and some photo editing and photo manipulation.  The images are not on it real plate I have to manipulate the image to be realistic on its fake plates.

http://sta.sh/01gy06jvczd4

Nice work. :)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Impressive to see the overall line-up of marketing tools you created for the restaurant! You client must be be very happy with your project.

Thanks.  Now must of my design are slowly now diverting from Illy to AD, sometimes a little confusing on my side, since I am a very heavy illy user, though some of the tools and shortcut keys are almost the same but some are not so mixing those in my head is funny, executing something what i am intended but then different result since its not the same shortcut keys. hehehe. anyway all is in adjustment and practise. though most of the time the workflow are PHOTOSHOP for complicated manipulation to AFFINITY PHOTO for superb enhancement then AFFINITY DESIGN for everything that will comminicate to costumers from typo to colours to poping out possible clients interest.

Again, many congratulations for that work and that process   :)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Glad to know that more people are knowing of the Affinity product line.

Also, very good work!