You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've been viewing the Affinity Photo in-house tutorials, and have found them difficult to follow, too fast, and generally unhelpful. Even after watching more than once I feel I am more confused than enlightened. Can you recommend current tutorials that are more methodical, more detailed, geared to a novice user and easier to follow and learn from?  

Thank you.  

One of the board members here, Drippy Cat, has put together an excellent series of instructional videos called Solid Foundations. There is a post about it in the Tutorial section on this board. I believe they are Udemy. I have had Affinity Photo for a year now but had never before done any type of photo editing other than the very simple editing that Apple Photos had. The Solid Foundations course costs somewhere in the $30-40 range, I forget, but is very very helpful to a beginner.

• Staff

Hi melanie7,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There's a Beginner Series that cover the basics and includes sample files so you can follow along while working on them. They are still not much but may help you get started.

Regarding the tutorial mentioned by PhotoNewbie, here's the link. You can find additional video tutorial/ training here (@DrippyCat's name is Simon Foster).