You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some Metal Styles

v_kyr

• Staff

Hi Sebastian C.,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
These styles also work in Affinity Photo. To import them click on the small menu icon on the top right of the Styles panel and select Import Styles.... Select the (unzipped) file and press Open. They should appear as a new category in the Styles panel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, MEB. Thanks!

I have the metal styles imported, but I still can't see the metal texture on a raster layer in Affinity Photo. I can see it when I apply it to a vector shape for some reason though. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I need to enable to get the style to work on something I painted?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/14/2017 at 9:37 PM, v_kyr said:

Hmm strange and what happens if you don't double click and try instead to load them in from the styles palette menu?

Dragging the file straight into my styles pane worked. Thanks for sharing!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

@v_kyr, Thank you so much for sharing your metallic styles!

I haven't used styles or metal effects before. I'm working on a project where they asked for gold & silver (and it's being printed with a regular, at home printer, so I can't use Pantone metallic spot colors). I was very happy to find your post! This will enable me to make the type of design they're looking for.

I've learned a lot looking at the different settings after applying the style, so it's great to learn more about how to use the various effects.