uvmain

Lens Correction (Olympus 12-50mm F3.5)

Howdy

My main walkabout lens isn't lens corrected in the Develop module, but it's in the Lensfun database. Affinity Photo version 1.5.1.54

Affinity EXIF:

BJvL3dM.png

Lensfun database:

oiiQRUF.png

FastStone image viewer:

jLCnD0y.png

Affiinity Develop module:

3uZHceE.png

o8u4kU3.png

Is this an Affinity Photo bug, or does the Lens need correcting on the Lensfun database?

I have similar problem, see here
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/36031-affinity-photo-raw-develop-persona-presets/?p=177554

An this one too:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/31430-list-of-compatible-cameras-and-lenses-for-automatic-lens-correction/?p=171725

Moreover, if you don't know if (and how) the automatic lens correction will be applied, how can you use the manual lens correction panel?

Hi uvmain,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Would you be able to attach a copy of the RAW file please? We can then get it passed onto Development to take a look into why it is not picking up the lens correction.

Hi uvmain,

Using that picture we are getting a correctly adjusted image. Do you have any persisted settings on the Lens tab of the Develop persona?

Living the Dream since 1964 - about 25 years left

So I can replicate this:

I completely reset user prefs, restarted the app.

Opened the file. Lens correction is enabled in the Develop assistant settings, but doesn't take effect.

Close the file, and disable (Take No Action) lens correction in the Develop Assistant settings.

Open file - it's now lens corrected!

It's odd - it's doing the opposite of what I'd expect!

After this, if I close Affinity and re-open it, Lens Correction is now enabled in the Assistant settings, even though I set it to disabled, and it's having no affect again - back to step 1.

At least I know there's a workaround for now, but it's quicker to just export as a tiff from Faststone and then work on the tiff.

Hi :)

Is there any update on this? Have Development managed to replicate the issue at all?

I can consistently replicate the above - toggling the Assistant off and back on, then re-opening the file will cause lens correction to be applied.

we've not been able to replicate what you are seeing - could you possibly zip up the %AppData%\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0  folder and attach it please

I've had a look using your settings and I still get a correct image. What is the install path of affinity photo on your system?

Howdy

Been playing around with this a bit more, and I think I've found the bug..

If I tell Affinity to use my iGPU (Intel HD 4600) then lens correction is applied

If I tell Affinity to use my dGPU (Nvidia 970) then lens correction isn't applied

peculiar!

*edit

issue persists after updating to the latest Nvidia drivers (378.92)

Affinity install path is standard: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo

*edit2

it was just a fluke, the issue now happens with the Intel iGPU as well :(