You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo: Colour, Copy and ? Paste ie. Matching skin / hair colour

Hi, I have a photo of a silver grey / black cat. The photo was taken using the inbuilt flash. 80% of the colour is good. Unfortunately the left hand side of the face was hit by the flash and has come out yellow. The outer aspects slightly yellow getting stronger as you move into the eye.

I have remedied the actual eye by Cloning the other eye and manipulating the clone into place.

I now have the hair around the eye and side of face to deal with and this is where I would like help.

I have tried cloning from the good areas and whilst it does do things as soon as you get anywhere near the right colour all the texture / definition of the hair goes and it is very noticeable where cloning has taken place.

I was wondering if I should be using colour picker. I would be grateful for any advice and help and is there a particular video I should watch as a guide both in order to resolve my issue and how to use the colour picker.

Whilst here, can anyone tell me a quick way to get the selection brush selection to stop showing after use? I have tried many things but it appears to remain on screen. Pressing the icon or other icons only brings up blue lines. Eventually it does go after randomly clicking on other icons and then clicking on the work area other than the photo itself.

Thank you for any help advice offered.

Welcome to the forum RealAle

I have used this method to re-colour images. 

Use the freehand selection tool to outline the area you wish to ad/change colour.
Go to the layers tab.
Add adjustment, recolour.
For skin tone move the hue to around the orange section depending on the colour you are trying to match.
Drop down the saturation to suit the rest of the skin tone.
You can lightly blend in the areas using the smudge and blend tools.

With regards the deselection of the selection brush please try selecting the move tool.

• Staff

Whilst here, can anyone tell me a quick way to get the selection brush selection to stop showing after use? I have tried many things but it appears to remain on screen. Pressing the icon or other icons only brings up blue lines. Eventually it does go after randomly clicking on other icons and then clicking on the work area other than the photo itself.

Thank you for any help advice offered.

If you are looking for a way to get rid of the marching ants after you have made your selection pressing CMD + D on Mac or CTRL + D on Windows should remove them :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 3 weeks later...