You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Create Export Persona template/custom sizes

Hello all,

Avid fan of AD but I've hit a snag today:

I have a doc with 100+ artboards at 500x500px, the developer needs them output at an arbitrary size of 1250x1250px

https://www.screencast.com/t/mWlAoV6gV

Question: In Export Persona I can't create a new preset outputting 1250x1250px?

Also I assumed I could go Export>Specify 1250x1250 and export 'All Artboards' but it's not possible.

Any ideas please let me know...looks like I have to use PS batch resize, yuck!

Cheers

• Staff

Hi Bob!

Easy enough to sort out, so don't panic! ;) 

Go to the Export Persona and select one of your export slices in the Slices panel. Look at your export format (where it says 'PNG' underneath that particular export slice) and change it to have a '1250w' slice. Now click back on the slice itself in the list and go to the 'burger menu' on the Slice panel (the three-lined menu icon at the top right of the panel) and choose 'Create export setup preset...' and call it something sensible. Now select all your slices and choose your newly create preset from the 'Export preset' dropdown.

Hopefully that works for you? :)

Thanks!

Matt

• Staff

I have no idea why, but... Expand one of your slices and click on the bit that says 'Path:' and you can see that it's set to put each icon into a path that contains it's name and an appended '.appiconset'. If you delete the contents of the 'path' completely, then recreate your export preset and reapply it to all, you'll get the right results :)

Thanks again,

Matt

• 5 years later...
On 2/16/2017 at 10:10 AM, MattP said:

Hi Bob!

Easy enough to sort out, so don't panic! ;)

Go to the Export Persona and select one of your export slices in the Slices panel. Look at your export format (where it says 'PNG' underneath that particular export slice) and change it to have a '1250w' slice. Now click back on the slice itself in the list and go to the 'burger menu' on the Slice panel (the three-lined menu icon at the top right of the panel) and choose 'Create export setup preset...' and call it something sensible. Now select all your slices and choose your newly create preset from the 'Export preset' dropdown.

Hopefully that works for you? :)

Thanks!

Matt

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm a newbie at graphic design in general and spent the last year manually editing the slices 😭