AaronLinder1995

Affinity Designer Mac - CMD + V Crashs Program

Hi All,

I am currently experiencing a crashing problem with Affinity Designer. The program unexpectedly freezes and crashes when the CMD + V (Paste) is used. This problem occurs when you go to copy something using CMD + C (Copy) then followed by CMD + V (Paste).

This still occurs no matter how much you are trying to copy and paste and its keeps happening continuely regardless if the program or computer restarts. This happens 90% of the time.

Having this annoying bug fixed would be great

Hey AaronLinder1995,
Welcome to the Affinity Forums.

A few people have mentioned regular crashes with those shortcuts but I haven't seen any new posts for a few weeks.

You don't have any clipboard managers installed do you? Is there anything in particular you are copy/pasting such as layer effects etc.? 

Thanks for the reply back, sorry for the delay I have not had internet access for the last few days

No, i am not currently running anything that would effect it like file managers etc, i am just running a standard mac system

The program normally does it when I am copying and pasting more than one item and its doing it with both text and shapes (unsure about efects as i dont use them often for what I require)

Can you give the beta a go and let me know if that improves anything. There have been a few stability and performance fixes. If you still get the crash, can you copy the info and attach it for me. Thanks!

I've just started using AD and have had a three or four crashes yesterday night and today... I think the Paste command may have been involved and I know the Shape tool was involved but can't remember the exact circumstances... Will let you know if I get the same thing again and am now aware of watching out for what provokes problems! In all cases the recovery system worked OK and I only lost the last action (presumably the one that provoked the crash).

I have the same problem: 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/33991-affinity-designer-154-crash-after-copy-and-paste/

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/35131-ad-stops-responding-when-copying-a-layer-with-cmdc/

For me it seems to hang most often when I copy-paste layers with symbols within multiple artboards in one canvas.

@CALDesign - Were you working with artboards or a standard document? 

@tomn - Do you have a document you can attach for me to work with? I've setup a few artboards with symbols but the app works fine. I can easily get the spinning pinwheel by holding down cmd+v to paste hundreds of objects but it always seems to recover.