Sign in to follow this  
Beto

Affinity Photo - Macros not universal

I have 2 Documents:

- IMAGE A, which size is 1000*1000px

and

- IMAGE B, which size is 4000*4000px

I'm recording 2 macros while working on IMAGE A, which while running makes new layers on top, so at the end of the 2 macros the document has 4 layers (ALL NAMED)

-  (Pixel)

- Composite (Pixel)

- Effect (Pixel)
- (Background)

Basically, the 1st macro duplicates the background layer, runs a filter on it, then makes a composite, making a third layer. On this composite layer I run "Apply Image" and select the Effect image as source layer and it gets applied the composite. Afterwards I drag an external image (logo) on the 4th layer, and run the 2nd macro, which moves the logo 10px to the right.

I save my macros, export them, then load them back again to use on my IMAGE B and the next thing happen:

1.- When running "Apply Image" on IMAGE B, i get the same source layer from IMAGE A, and i mean literally the pixel info is saved on the macro and I get a weird blend of 2 different documents. What I'm expecting is the macro to record "Apply layer named 'effect' to the layer 'composite'"

2.- When I get to the logo layer macro, the "transform" step scales to fit the IMAGE B dimensions, so I get a "400% Scale Y", "400% Scale X" "40px Offset X" although I'm only recording to "offset 10 pixels to the right". The expected behavior here is that only the settings I'm changing get recorded and in the same units I'm recording them. I don't want my logo to be scaled, I want its original size to be at 100%, and move it 10px to the right, exactly 10px, not a proportion of the document, otherwise I would specify a percentage value, which I actually noticed it doesn't accept. This behavior gets even worse when I try to run the macro on an image with different aspect ratio, I get weird percentages and values on my transform settings.

I have found a similar issue...the macro seems to keep a link to the original image and never works on any other image or file. Bug? or just me missing something