You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Create Guide for selected node (node tool)

Hello, Serif guys.

There is a big problem with Affinity. It only allows you to create a new guide by dragging from the ruler with the move tool (V) only.

Other programs allow you to drag a new guide from the ruler with any tool selected.

Another problem is that Affinity uses only one decimal place after the point, and this is too inaccurate to create a new guide from the exact location where a node is. For example, the node is at x = 159.8731654127mm, but Affinity rounds the value to 159.9mm. Please, make it use the complete floating value and use the rounded just for display.

If I select a node with the node tool, there is no way to create a guide exactly where the node is. Other programs allow you to do this.

I'd love it if there was a way to right-click on a node and choose in a popup menu:
 Create a horizintal guide in the position of this node
 Create a vertical guide in the position of this node
 Create horizontal and vertical guides in the position of this node

Please, don't take too long to answer my requests, my work depends on it.

Another problem is that Affinity uses only one decimal place after the point, and this is too inaccurate to create a new guide from the exact location where a node is. For example, the node is at x = 159.8731654127mm, but Affinity rounds the value to 159.9mm. Please, make it use the complete floating value and use the rounded just for display.

In Edit > Preferences > User Interface you can set from 0 to 6 decimal places for pixels and millimetres etc

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

In Edit > Preferences > User Interface you can set from 0 to 6 decimal places for pixels and millimetres etc

I checked that. There it says 6 digits after the decimal point. But in practice it only works with 3. If it is possible to do it to the correct way, then why is the program come default with the worst possible option?