You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Toolbar settings - size, more commands, 2 rows

sun1

I miss some toolbar settings like:

1. Icon size small, medium, large  (because its very depending on the monitor and its  resolution)

2. More Icons for commands like Undo, Redo and lots more,. Best would be if you could choose free out of all commands.

3. Two or three rows for the toolbar. Until now just one row is possible.

• Staff

Hi sun1,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Thanks for your feedback. 

Regarding your point 2 and 3: you are probably aware of this but you can customise the main toolbar right-clicking on it and selecting Customise Toolbar..., and the Tools (on the left) going to menu View ▸ Customise Tools.... You can also set the number of rows for the Tools (on the left) there on the bottom.

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I´m fully aware of the possibilities you wrote about point 2. and 3.

But for the horizontal toolbar there is just one row possible and there are also just a small amount of commands available you can add to that toolbars.

Like I wrote I miss at least undo, redo and some more.

I second that suggestion.

Which one?

It is a little bit annoying to switch from mouse to keyboard.

To do what?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

It is a little bit annoying to switch from mouse to keyboard.

Which one?

To do what?

I think they are referring to the key commands for Undo and Redo instead of having actual buttons.

I personally don't mind it, because I think those options and a second toolbar would clutter the space.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• 3 months later...

Hi sun1,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Thanks for your feedback. 

Regarding your point 2 and 3: you are probably aware of this but you can customise the main toolbar right-clicking on it and selecting Customise Toolbar..., and the Tools (on the left) going to menu View ▸ Customise Tools.... You can also set the number of rows for the Tools (on the left) there on the bottom.

@MEB

Why is there a limit to the number of horizontal columns for the toolbar?  Really, the function should work as follows:

Number of Columns = Number of Tools in Left Panel. 

See attachement.

post-58135-0-82910200-1497309124_thumb.png

Well how many columns do you want? lol I thought 8 was fairly large.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!