You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there, 

I'm quit a newbee with Afiinity Designer. I love the software program and how easier it is compared to Adobe Illustrator. I have a question. I made a business card for myself that i want to be printed out in CMYK or PMS colors. I have included an example how it will be.

1) The color in picture A is a bright neon color, this is how i love it to be in a printed form. But this was made in RGB/8 . I know if you want something to be printed professionally that it has to be made in CMYK.

2) The color in picture B is the same design, but with the colors converted to CMYK. It hasn't the same effect as the one in RGB. Less brighter.

How can i have the same bright color from the RGB version in a CMYK or Pantone version so that i can be send to a professional printing office.

Could you please show me in a few simple steps how i can achieve this?  :)

Thank you in advance.

Visitekaartjes Four Four RGB - front 2017.afdesign

Visitekaartjes Four Four CMYK - front 2017.afdesign

Kind Regards,

Najib

If you use good oldfashioned press 2 colour pantone is the way to go. You get the exact colours you see in the pantone color guide. 

If you use cheap online press you have to set for using CMYK I guess. There may be some businesses that print from RGB but I would not count them to be as vivid as on screen.

You can use any normal CMYK space and colour profile as colour format as this does not matter for compact colours. Use only pantone (green) and K100. PDF export should give a file with 2 plates, pantone and K. If you have Acrobat you can check with Output Preview.

If you desire this to be a two-color job (black + a Pantone green), you will either need to obtain a vector version of the logo and stylized F, or redraw them (it should only take a few minutes). Then delete the bitmap versions.

Mike