You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

You should be marketing more!

Hi Affinity. Brilliant product (AP). I'm now switching from Photoshop.

I want you folks to succeed and you need to keep on top of your marketing. Wikipedia, for example, doesn't reference the PC version or the latest developments. Many people will use this to figure out if Affinity is worth pursuing.

I've just looked at the Photography Show next month in the NEC. It's a major event and people like Adobe and all the camera manufacturers will be there. You should have a stand! And doing presentations. (yes, it's expensive, but the marketing you'd get would be invaluable).

Keep up the good work.

Dave (in Wales)

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

• Staff

Hi Dave,

Our Wikipedia seems to be updated periodically over a few months I will find out if someone in the office runs it so it can be updated :) I think we did the Photography show at the NEC last year so it may be something we look into doing again this year :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Thanks, Callum. Keep up the good work. In my time I've worked in both software and marketing. When I was cutting code I thought marketing folks were just people in suits who lived on expenses. When I worked in marketing I realized how difficult and time-consuming it is. You just have to keep on top of it every day, with detailed comms plans, owned updates, press relationships, and all sorts. Things like updating Wikipedia should be a named responsibility of a person who does it automatically. One way to help is to have checklists, so when you do a release, there is always a check that key marketing tasks have been completed (same checklist should of course also be used in planning and allocating responsibility).

Best

Dave

Dave Straker

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Wikipedia, for example, doesn't reference the PC version or the latest developments.

Hmmm. I just checked Wikipedia's English ("en") entries for Designer & Photo. Both mention the PC versions. According to the history tab, Designer was updated with that info on 11 January 2017‎ & Photo on 11 December 2016‎.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 3 weeks later...

Fair dinkum, though compared to the Photoshop page it's pretty minimal.  

Dave Straker