You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

rasterize multiple layers

Yes, please! This is in important feature. :)

Affinity Photo 2.3.1 for Windows  OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 ver. 22H2  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core  RAM: 64 GB DDR5-6400  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB / driver 526.98  NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB  Monitors: 2x Eizo ColorEdge CS2420 24"

Hi karumba,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

As far as i know this is not possible. Thanks for your feedback.

I'm moving this thread to the Feature Requests section.

thanks for the warm welcome!

i'm already loving the designer (it already replaced PS CS 5.5). btw, yesterday the work book came - lovely! :)

thanks for moving it to the feature request forum. background for what i'm using the rasterize effect: i'm exporting a UI design together with all PNGs also to SVG. the SVG then stores all names of the PNGs and additionally the final positions and sizes, so its quite easy to parse it for further usage (here c++) without manually transfering positions of the assets. nice time saver! (was using PNG Express in PS before, but its not as comfortable).

• 1 month later...

Came across this today - I too would benefit from some refinement to the rasterize action…

Would like to have the option to Rasterize multiple objects to a single pixel layer or individual layers.

Sometimes it is not practical to group a series of objects, which would allow the current work around.

I also notice that a Vector Layer, can't be Rasterized, but a group can… why not?

Also an option to keep the original vector objects, and create a Rasterized copy.

Finally, some insight or control into the format use for the Rasterized image - what DPI is used? Can I override this?

Perhaps I am hoping for too much from this function and should instead be using the Export Persona, then Placing the results back into my file. I am coming to AD from Xara Designer which does support many of the requests above.

Thanks.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• 1 year later...

Found a work-around for the absence of this much needed & highly desired feature.

Write a macro for this and record the following: Rasterize > Set current selection. (2 steps)

This provides a 1-click solution (press 'play' button) without having to go into menus or right clicking each layer causing multiple steps.
I too import loads of layers at a time, and manually rasterizing each separate layer without a bulk option is too tedious.

image.png.019b3f9479ca298e8e9aee5f51853094.png

• 1 year later...
On 8/9/2018 at 1:46 AM, Virgoram said:

Found a work-around for the absence of this much needed & highly desired feature.

Write a macro for this and record the following: Rasterize > Set current selection. (2 steps)

This provides a 1-click solution (press 'play' button) without having to go into menus or right clicking each layer causing multiple steps.
I too import loads of layers at a time, and manually rasterizing each separate layer without a bulk option is too tedious.

I recorded a macro with the same steps, but it doesn't seem to work. :( It rasterizes only 1 of all the layers I've selected. Can you kindly export the macro and share it?

Affinity Photo 2.3.1 for Windows  OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 ver. 22H2  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core  RAM: 64 GB DDR5-6400  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB / driver 526.98  NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB  Monitors: 2x Eizo ColorEdge CS2420 24"

• 1 year later...

I recorded a macro with the same steps, but it doesn't seem to work. :( It rasterizes only 1 of all the layers I've selected. Can you kindly export the macro and share it?

The suggested macro works for me. I rasterized the top layer, then selected the layer below. I got an option to add select layer below to the macro. Then I just kept playing the macro until I reached the bottom layer.

• 7 months later...

Definitely need - I use Affinity for collage work and it is a giant pain to have to have to rasterize 20 layers! Even better would be the option to bring in images as pixel layers rather than have to covert them after importing.

I was however, able to create Alex_M's macro. When you move to the next, it's important to tick "one layer below" in the dialog box that pops up during macro creation. Thanks.

Edited by hm933

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...