You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Affinity Photo] How open above 200 RAW and produce it one by one

Does this video help clarify what you would like to see as a feature in Affinity Photo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJmx6HBt6Mc

My guess is Affinity could do it but I'm betting it would be in a major version upgrade.

There is a free version of the software in the video in case you want to try it and see if it is the feature you want added http://x.photoscape.org/

I can see how this would be a useful addition. You might want to start a new thread in the feature requests page, maybe use the above software as your example.

Skill Level: Beginner, digital photography, digital editing, lighting.

Equipment: Consumer grade. Sony Nex5n, Nikon D5100, (16MP sony sensors)

Paid Software: Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Lightroom4

Free Software: NIK collection, Sony CaptureOne9, Cyberlink PhotoDirector6, Hugin, ImageJ, MS Ice, Davinci Resolve

Computer: Win10 home, CPU Skylake I7-6700, GPU Saphire HD7850 1G, Plextor SSD

rmar, yes it is a way of productivity which I'm looking for. You simply add few images and then only using Personas to manipulate them on the prefered way. I'll start new thread about what I want in the feature requests page.

Difference from Photoscape in my view:

- hide tree mode after selection files to more working space

- no above text like "Viewer", "Batch", "Collage"

and simple clicking GUI icon to switch Persona. In my AP 1.5.1.54 I don't get it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if it is irrelevant to mention in a thread about RAW batch processing themes, 

It was irrelevant because Elements has Bridge, and Photo doesn't - so it's a completely unbalanced comparison: you're comparing something specifically designed to do a certain thing, with something specifically not designed to do that thing, and then wondering why the thing that doesn't do it, doesn't do it.

You might as well have cited Lightroom rather than Elements.

Keith Reeder

So why not add some essense functionality to Photo on the next release? As I mentioned above new quality by mix of Affinity Photo features and easiest way to change development RAW is in my opinion way to make new clients and make app more universaly.

So why not add some essense functionality to Photo on the next release? As I mentioned above new quality by mix of Affinity Photo features and easiest way to change development RAW is in my opinion way to make new clients and make app more universaly.

Just be patient. When you come back from the market, it will be ready expecially for you. And in the next few days you will have a monster, at least 10 times better than Photoshop, because it's thaaaaaaaaat easy.  :)

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

It was irrelevant because Elements has Bridge, and Photo doesn't - so it's a completely unbalanced comparison: you're comparing something specifically designed to do a certain thing, with something specifically not designed to do that thing, and then wondering why the thing that doesn't do it, doesn't do it.

You might as well have cited Lightroom rather than Elements.

Nah you are completely wrong here, I myself don't wonder why it doesn't do it (...but other people here instead might). Being a dev and software eng myself I know pretty well that such a joung project like AP (messured in period of time by a small team in contrast to the resources the big guys in business have) can't compete featurewise in so short time with other things which are around and groved up for over 25 years. I know myself pretty well that software development is an evolutionary process and things do take their time. No matter if fixing bugs, refactoring and rewriting code, adding features or reimplementing things here, and not to forget the documentation parts, all that is very time consuming and needs a bunch of time.

Instead all I said is that other comparative software in this segment does partly support batch processing in the one or other way and that it is something Affinity might take into account for the future. Just saying like you that something isn't designed for that is somehow like an excuse of saying, sorry not yet and not in future guys. - Further many people and marketing guys do featurewise compare software and it doesn't play much of a role here if something is specially designed or reused for it or not, what finally counts for many people instead is, that it offers in some way to do what they need or they are looking for. The OP here who started the discussion and some others here seem at least to have a need for it.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Just be patient. When you come back from the market, it will be ready expecially for you. And in the next few days you will have a monster, at least 10 times better than Photoshop, because it's thaaaaaaaaat easy.  :)

Petar_MK, without irony please. I'm hobbyst programmer so I know how many time can take simple fix bug or add a simple functionality. On the next release I think about Affinity Photo 2.0 or maybe Affinity Photo 3.0. I want continue this thread to find the best way to acomplish two task: develop RAW and change developed RAW file. I would open discussion not in direction do it or not do it, but how can it be acomplished in AP style of work.

I agree, in some place better is use soft dedicated to work fx. for batch filename rename I use free program to get me a lot of options, to batch resize another etc. In my humble opinion we're creating here vision of new future style of working when you are not asking yourself which soft use for job, but what you want to do. I think Affinity can do that in period about 10 years. It is a time when Adobe move from limited software to very usefull app.

When we look at Adobe we find Adobe Enviroment. We have similar menus, shortkeys etc. to boost creativity and make job easier. So then why not enlarge Affinity Photo functionality to better working with more files? From other hand any PC has limited resources. When we start few app to make job we limit what hardware can do. For me it is a reason to find more universality in one app with set is limit of course. I know we can not get app to do all in one place, but in Affinity Photo we have team which started Develop Persona functionality and for me is logical step to add change working file functionality to that.

@affi.usr:

I used to be professional programmer during '85-'95, so I also know how much it takes to do something. But... every new feature must be tested how it cooperates with other features and, in Affinity case, with different OS's, different versions of OS's, drivers... That was irony about.  :)

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Speaking about Adobe...

As I've heard (read) somewhere, they have different teams for developing PS, AI and ID and they don't colaborate but compete between themselves. It results on same features working differently in the other 2 apps. In the (near) future these 3 apps will have exactly the same features but with different approach. They, also, started to add something that do not belong to some of the apps, like: 3D modeling and video editing in PS, text/paragraph styles and photo effects in AI...

@Petar_MK, this extra feature in Adobe is way to be for them a most universal app for users. It is a trend for this business I think. Adobe make me sick when you want something simple and you should use another app to make a deal. I think people want now more in one place. From other hand fx. text/paragraph style make sense. I use it in Affinity Designer to make ad to web. I set style and when font ruins my design I simply redefine style and here you go changes in few place at once. From other hand video editing and 3D modelling in Affinity Photo is in my opinion waste a time. I think universality should go in one hand with simplicity. I have simple start point and if I want I can add more details fx. check to "see advance option" on filter but on start is simply check/uncheck.

My vision of Affinity Photo is not a combain, but a very optimilisationed code to work fast and achieve complicated design in few simple steps. It can be that Affinity make something like luancher - select file and like we use Persona we can simply switch to Designer / Photo / Publisher.

@Petar_MK, this extra feature in Adobe is way to be for them a most universal app for users. It is a trend for this business I think. Adobe make me sick when you want something simple and you should use another app to make a deal. I think people want now more in one place. From other hand fx. text/paragraph style make sense. I use it in Affinity Designer to make ad to web. I set style and when font ruins my design I simply redefine style and here you go changes in few place at once. From other hand video editing and 3D modelling in Affinity Photo is in my opinion waste a time. I think universality should go in one hand with simplicity. I have simple start point and if I want I can add more details fx. check to "see advance option" on filter but on start is simply check/uncheck.

My vision of Affinity Photo is not a combain, but a very optimilisationed code to work fast and achieve complicated design in few simple steps. It can be that Affinity make something like luancher - select file and like we use Persona we can simply switch to Designer / Photo / Publisher.

It has been discussed on the forum many times but Affinity team is strict upon this -- 3 separate apps, not one. I am also for one app, but at least they could join APh and AD into one because of many features they share.

• 8 months later...

I posted this in a new thread, but on reading this thread, thought I would re-post a version here, as it is relevant to the thread:

How may I quickly Quit AP? Or, how do I close 20 open raw files quickly, without going through the popups that require a response for each open raw image?

To comment on the topic at hand: as an experienced Aperture and Capture One Pro user, and talking about the Develop persona, if there is a raw developer in an image manipulation software, it does need to allow the user to apply a single set of adjustments to multiple other files in the same folder. I am not talking about (say) Adobe Bridge's keywording facility or all the other things a DAM can do that a raw developer cannot, but any photographer will make multiple images when working in the one lighting environment, and to be able to add those adjustments quickly to other similar images is essential, I believe. 

I am trialling AP presently and like the results so far, but to not be able to do that would be a deal-breaker for me; I often have to develop many hundreds of images at the one time.