Sign in to follow this  
SLowmo75

Flip Canvas - behaves badly with keyboard shortcut

When flipping canvas horizontally with the menu, everything updates quickly, as expected, but if you have a keyboard shortcut set up for this action, it seems to behave much worse. It will sometimes only update the area around the cursor, and won't fully update the display until you zoom in or out of the image.

Let me know if you have trouble reproducing and I'll be more specific.

Thanks

Wayne

Hi SLowmo75

I've been flipping both document and layer in Designer and Photo and it all re-draws pretty quickly without out the need to force the screen to refresh. are you able to provide anymore info on this?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris, It seems to be only when flipping with a  keyboard shortcut, so you'll need to set up a shortcut for it, then try again, on a large, multilayered photo perhaps?

Hi SlLowmo75

I've been able to reproduce it now, but only with quite an intensive document that already can take a small while to re-draw due to the amount of adjustments and filters. I;m getting this both with the default set shortcut and clicking on the menu item so I think this may be more due to the document rather than the execution of the command

I shall get this logged as even though it is slower, the document usually does redraw itself when other operations are performed

cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thanks Chris. Yeah, just thought I'd better mention it because on my document it did seem that the performance was markedly diffferent depending on whether the keyboard shortcut or the menu was used, which seemed weird - never thought that that would be a 'thing'?!

Cheers

Wayne