Sign in to follow this  
Lora_J

Grid Problems When Deleting Artboard

I began a new file with a blank artboard that had no grid lines. Next, I created a second artboard, used the Grid and Axis Manager to set up the grid I needed, and added some lines to that artboard. My next step was to create a copy of the second artboard, which appeared correctly with the grid I had established and the lines I had drawn. I renamed the second and third arboards, and then decided that I wasn't going to use the first artboard, which was still blank and without grid lines.

When I deleted that first artboard, a grid suddenly appeared over both of the remaining artboards AND the entire workspace, and this universal grid did NOT have the properties I had set earlier - those were entirely lost. I had to go back and set up the grid properties all over again.

Am I correct that this was a bug, or is this an expected outcome for some reason that I'm not aware of yet?

Thank you for your work - I have used and loved your software for many years!

Affinity Designer v. 1.5.2.58 on Windows 10 Home

The artboard covering the whole document/workspace after the delete seems like a bug to me. When selecting the remaining artboard it seems to then display correctly.

I've logged this for the developers to look into further.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Appreciate I'm a bit late to the party on this, but I have a similar issue which I think may have the same root cause. 

My steps:

1. Create a new document (without creating an artboard on document creation)
  2. Add a custom grid
  3. Create an artbaord within the document
  4. The custom grid I made is thrown away and replaced with an automatic one. 

I can't see why this would be a desirable feature, so I'm assuming it's a bug. 

Thanks.