Hello, I Just installed Affinity Photo Trial, and have I scored first crash.
In preferences/performance is "ram usage limit" why it is possible to set a higher value than available phisical memory?

Accidentally I touched the slider...

Affinity uses by default all available ram. I have 16 GB and in preferences/performance is assigned all.

Seriously? How about to leave some for other apps? Or system processes?

post-41399-0-36400300-1486810526_thumb.jpg

Windows uses a system called virtual memory. If your applications use more than your physical memory then the least used blocks of memory are temporarily saved to disk. In normal usage this work very well as the application you are currently using will perform best as it will all be in native memory. If you don't want Affinity to use all your available memory then just move the slider. 

Yes, I know what it is virtual memory. I use several applications at the same time while working. With such default memory settings AP takes all the available RAM, forcing other applications to use HDD instead. With known effect...

Thank you for the advice to move the slider.
If you saw attached screenshot and read my post you have probably noticed that such action causes crash. So this is not a good idea :-)