You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I wonder if there is a way to scale a group (that includes textlayers) by entereing numerical values in the transform field and scaling the text as well instead of just scaling the surrounding box? Whatever I try the text size remains the same, only the framing box is resized ...

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Hi MEB,

thanks for your answer.
I was aware that I could realize it through this handle outside the box, but I needed to scale the object in a numerical manner to have it scaled precisely ... A bit sad to hear it's not possible. Maybe add a litle checkbox ("Scale text") to the transform panel to (optional) enable proper textscaling as well?
Cheers, Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

After you scale the group (e.g. x 2.5 ) you can select the text and use its context menu (at the top of screen) to rescale the px size by the same scaling factor (e.g. 50px * 2.5)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 1 year later...

A year later, and this is still relevant. I just produced a piece of art with 87,000 layers, pixel and text. (Ok, not 87, 000 but  you get the idea). And i had to resize and was struggling understanding how to do it with text (so i wouldn't have to resize each text element individually after pixel and vector layers scaled). I had no idea that right handle was for including text in the re-scale! What a time saver. Thanks Affinity! Solved my issue in 2 seconds.