You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hide Pink Highlight Lines?

is there any way to hide or turn off the pink highlight lines?

what are they even for?

it seems like they are supposed to show what layer you've selected but they dont always change when selecting another layer.

even if they made sense/worked i really would like an option to disable them. i find them distracting.

I love this app and want it to be the best it can be. it has totally revolutionized how i work.

• Staff

Hi Jackrhn,

They are showing you the snapping candidates and they are not visible by default. If you go to the Snapping options, you'll see there's a checkbox that says 'Show snapping candidates' - just uncheck that and they'll go away :)  The snapping works with a list of objects, rather than considering all document objects... basically if you have a large document the possible number of things to snap to is just clumsy, distracting and totally counter-productive, so we have a candidate system, whereby only the objects in that list offer their bounds/geometry as snapping candidates. Objects are automatically added to this list when you create them (so that you can always snap to the things you've recently done), or you can force objects to be added by simply hovering your mouse over them for a short time and they will then be added. The pink highlight you were seeing is simply a view option to let you see which items are currently candidates and if you hover over a new object you'll see the pink highlight appear over its wireframe too.

Hope that explains things a bit? Really glad you're enjoying using the program! :)

Thanks,

Matt