Sign in to follow this  
dawid.tuminski

[ADe]Activating the Selection and Zoom Tools

It would be great if Designer allowed to temporarily switch to the Selection tool by pressing the Control key. I find it frustrating to keep pressing the V key to initialize the Selection tool.

It would also be great if pressing the Ctrl key + the Spacebar temporarily initialized the Zoom tool.

Thanks,

Dawid

Hi!

Pressing SPACE+CTRL already toggles the zoom tool.

However, pressing CTRL+SPACE does not, which isn't that logical. Would be cool if that was fixed.

Great to know!

Speaking about logical: when you Alt move an object with the Selection tool it clones the object. But when you move an object and then press and hold down the Alt key, it does nothing. Too bad.

Speaking about logical: when you Alt move an object with the Selection tool it clones the object. But when you move an object and then press and hold down the Alt key, it does nothing. Too bad.

When you start to move an object and then press and hold down the Alt key, it overrides snapping.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Sounds like duplicating objects aligned to a pixel grid can be unnecessarily complicated?

You can Cmd-drag on a Mac or Ctrl-drag on Windows to duplicate objects without affecting the snapping behaviour. Alternatively, just duplicate the object(s) in place with Cmd/Ctrl+J or Cmd/Ctrl+longclick and then move them as a separate operation.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)