You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I'm loving AF so far, but of course, there's stuff from PS I can't live without, and one of them is Perspective crop. I've fiddled a lot with the crop tool but this doesn't seem to be possible. Is there a way to do it or  a workaround? Perspective tool doesn't cut it for me for this purpose.

Thanks.

I also use the PS perspective tool in my workflow and greatly miss this feature in AP. I've also tried to fix images with the perspective tool and lens correction but it never seems to look right. Hope it's available soon in a future update.

Thanks!

• 2 years later...

I also miss the perspective crop tool in Affinity Photo. The perspective option in Live Filter Layer - Distort is very cumbersome and not really fit for the same options as a purpose built perspective tool. I hope this gets included in Affinity soon.  

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Trying out Affinity as an alternative to Ps, but like others, I make good use of the perspective crop tool for squaring up photos of artwork, etc. Is there a workaround yet? Affinity, please add this feature so I can ditch Photoshop. 

56 minutes ago, Monet said:

Is there a workaround yet?

What I'm sometimes working on is cropping the rest of my old low-res archive photos of LP covers to square thumbnails for my offline record collection database. For this, a combination of the regular Crop tool and the Perspective live filter works okay. Both are non-destructive which is ultimately a Good Thing™, so you can always adjust without crushing valuable pixels, as many of my old documentary photos were shot only at 640×480.

In PS, the perspective crop was handy because usually it would more or less assume a square.

In Affinity, first I'd crop to a square which is slightly smaller than the "deformed" LP cover on photo. Then I add the Perspective live filter and adjust the perspective so that the corners of the LP sleeve match the crop.
Eventually I may temporarily uncrop again (Document > Unclip Canvas) to see the background, as a color reference when adjusting colors. Then I'd crop again to the final size. As noted, this is all non-destructive up to JPEG export.

(But for the record – no pun – meanwhile I'm actually scanning record covers in 4 passes each side, then stitching them with the Panorama persona. APh is pretty good at that, and the workflow is more flexible than in PS. About the latest 100 images I've uploaded to discogs.com/user/loukash/images were now stitched using APh Panorama.)

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

11 minutes ago, ashf said:

a plugin has perspective

Not the old free-as-in-beer Croogle version though.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

• 11 months later...