Mark Ingram

Affinity Designer - 1.5.2

After downloading the update this morning, I'm now getting an Unhandled Exeption error. The error reads:

An Unhandled Exception has occurred and the application cannot continue. The Crash Reporter will be displayed after the application exits. Code: 0x80004003

I've also attached a screenshot.

I also got this same message when I downloaded the trial version for Windows. I couldn't find the %APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\ folder.

Can you zip up the contents of %APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\ and back them up, then try removing this folder to see if it fixes it? If it does, can you attach the zip file (or upload to dropbox and share a link) so that we can investigate?

Thank you - yes, that worked. I uploaded the zip file to Google Drive - here's the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_Oi6VO8r8hlSG1IWkdLeE1xRnc?usp=sharing

I've also attached it here just in case.

1.0.zip

I've the same error and crash after update. I make screenshot with app exception (attached).

What I do

Without uninstall app I install AD 1.5.2.58 update.

What I do in app

I try vectorize logo. I use Node Tool to edit point on outline curve (clicking convert to smooth on path and convert to smooth). Yesterday I got the same error about 8 times in ~3 hours. After about 50 minutes working I get error today. I don't know what is going on. I get PNG file as template on layer and layer with my work.

Configuration

Win 7 SP1 Aero enabled

Lenovo T520, integra VGA Intel HD 3000 with set ~100MB VRAM from RAM, i7-2620M, 16GB RAM, SSD HD. Input: Wacom Bamboo CTH-470 Pen&Touch and Wacom Intuos CTH-490.

Question

As any resolution my trouble? Can you make sugestion what do to get more stability in Affinity Designer?

post-50654-0-98734500-1486807922_thumb.png

In my case, I've seen no error until now.

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

Hi! 

I have the same problem than webyonder :/ 

I cannot launch affinity designer anymore since i'd upgrade my version to 1.5.2.58. 

I have the same popup with the same error code but in french ;)

Any solution for now ? 

Regards

Edit: For Lack of care, i was open affinity designer by clicking directly on an associated project and Affinity designer launched without any error. But when i try to launch it by clicking on icon in my desktop bar, the error code appear again :/ 

This is not solving the problem but if that work for you, you can continue to work with affinity while waiting a patch :)

Did the crash reporter show after the application closed?

How crash reporter looks like? I get error in AD and it was onl y baloon as I attached in picture. After crash I don't see anything else. I tested app in simple manipulation today it was woking fine.

Did it give you a crash reference?

No Mark, the Crash Reporter just says "The application Affinity Designer has unexpectedly quit" and there's a space called "Problem Description" which is blank.

They are possibly floating off the side of the monitor somewhere. If you delete the following file (or just edit the FloatingLeft / FloatingTop values inside it) it should fix it for you:

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\Settings\Tools.xml

Before you delete the file, could you just copy the contents to a forum post so I can see what has happened?

is anyone elses computer crashing saying kernel_security_check_failure from the new version? I thought it might have been from something else but this is the last thing i downloaded before the problem started. After removing it my computer hasnt crashed yet. If there is a way too help prevent this happening again please let me know. Or if there is a link for the old version let me know thank you.

Can you zip up the contents of %APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\ and back them up, then try removing this folder to see if it fixes it? If it does, can you attach the zip file (or upload to dropbox and share a link) so that we can investigate?

after downloading my computer crashes with a blue screen for windows stop and gives me a code saying kernel_security_check_failure but after i uninstall it works just fine. the other version never gave me no problems.  I dont know if its also because im from the usa but my anti viruses never trust when i first download.

If anyone can help me that will be great. the new version of designer makes my computer crash to a blue screen thats giving me a code kernel_security_check_failure its very annoying about every 15 to 30 min it happens. i uninstalled about 3 hours ago and not one crash yet. the other version never gave me problems so if anybody has an answer let me know.  or if someone can give me a link to get the previous version thatll be great.

They are possibly floating off the side of the monitor somewhere. If you delete the following file (or just edit the FloatingLeft / FloatingTop values inside it) it should fix it for you:

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\Settings\Tools.xml

Before you delete the file, could you just copy the contents to a forum post so I can see what has happened?

\Affinty\Photo\1.0\Settings\Tools.xml 

Mark,

I presume I should be looking inside Designer instead of Photo in the APPDATA. In that case, you are spot on. The un-docked tools decided to jump away by -31685 x -31838 pixels. All is back to normal. Thank you.

Undocked_Tools.xml

I'm having the same issue and tried this solution. It didn't work for me. Here's the zipped folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aeqbpyboyf1bqqh/1.0.zip?dl=0

Hey Affinity team

I'm also getting an Unhandled Exception error.

The error reads:

"An Unhandled Exception has occurred and the application cannot continue. The Crash Reporter will be displayed after the application exits. Code: 0x80004003"

I have backed up and deleted  %APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\  folder twice now, and every time it works but I loose my history and I'm not sure what else.

I know you're aware of it... but keen on the patch.

Thanks in advance

R

Mike999, can you try to uninstall the old version and let me know if that is successful, or if you get the same error?

Also as Alfred points out, double check the download isn't corrupt :)

HI

I am still stuck with this problem.  I cannot uninstall the old version, same message, looking for affinity.msi.  I tried downloading an older version and installing that but no luck. Installed on another machine and copied the files to my machine in case on of the components was corrupted.  Just guessing here and trying anything I can think of.

Today I received a promotional email with a link for the trial version.  I downloaded that one and it successfully installed.  Tried to then install the new update, but the same message about missing affintiy.msi

Is there a way for me to add my license key to the trial version?  I looked under the help but there seems to be no option to upgrade from trial to paid version.

I really want to get this resolved as I do not want to get stuck with the 1.5.1.43 version. 

Another thing:  In  my control panel, it shows that I have Affinity Designer 1.5.0.36.  But I am using 1.5.1.43.  Maybe this has something to do with the uninstall and updating problems.

Help!

Mike

Wow you've been busy - thanks very much for this.  Installed with no problem and working fine.

Pauline

Pauline :212_koala:

Affinity Designer 1.6.1.93; Windows 7 Professional

Print Scale problem (second print):

I created a new A4 print project, using all defaults, added a rounded rectangle which covers most of the page, and then printed ok.  Immediately doing another print results in the job printing a small version in the top left-hand quarter of the page. Saved and exit.  Re-start, open the file again and print - is ok.  Second print (and subsequent ones) are small again. Are staff aware of this one?