Sign in to follow this  
eggimage

[Duplicate] font menu jiggles when scrolling though fonts (Video included)

so I've realized that some UI issues that cause this annoying behavior

(see attached screen recording clip) 

**update: youtube link here - https://youtu.be/o2BGzG78vTQ

1. first off, when your cursor hovers over a font item, not only does the selected text instantly previews the font, but the font also simultaneously gets added to the top of the item list.

2. each item in the font menu has a different height, so as you move your cursor between fonts to preview them, a new font may have a different height than the one it just replaced at the top, the menu then gets moved up/down, depending on the height difference

3. as the menu moves up/down, your cursor may end up sitting on a different font than the one you were trying to preview, which causes the menu to swap out the font immediately and your cursor to sit on a different item...

please don't automatically add the previewed font to the used fonts section on the top of the menu. I think this would fix this issue.

Thank you

AFD-menu-jiggle.mov

Hi eggimage,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This issue was already fixed in the latest Designer 1.5.5 Beta 1 which you can download from here in case you are willing to give it a try. Just remember to keep the Mac App Store version installed to be able to validate/run it. This fix will also be included in the next Mac App Store update. I'm closing this thread as a Duplicate.