You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, inazr said:

When I enter an E-mail adress, affinity designer adds an mailto: link in the exported pdf.  

I think what you may be seeing is a service provided by your OS (Mac, maybe?) that detects text formatted in a certain way as an email address. On Macs, this is called data detectors, & interprets <anything>@<anything>.<com, edu, etc.> as an email address. There is a similar detector for text formatted as dates.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

11 minutes ago, inazr said:

I am using Windows. The mailto: link works in Adobe Acrobat Reader, Sumatra PDF, Abbyy FineReader 14, Google Chrome, but not in FireFox or Microsoft Edge

But Affinity Designer is not creating that mailto: link -- there is no HTML code in an AD document or any way to add it from within the app. A browser or another application may generate a mailto: link automatically on-the-fly by recognizing the standardized email address format, but that typically is just a local link to the system's default email client app that will create a blank email message with that address as the recipient if the link is clicked.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't understand why in 4 years this request hasn't been made possible? I thought that the Affinity line is wanting to replace your typical Adobe products? I'm not a developer, so I'm genuinely asking when I say this, why is it so hard to be able to have links in a document? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 6:39 AM, avosagency said:

I thought that the Affinity line is wanting to replace your typical Adobe products?

You thought wrong, Affinity isn't a replacement for Adobe, its been touted as such by some reviewers but I think that is just sensationalism and not a realistic nor intelligent comparison.

People are replacing Adobe with Affinity because they don't want to pay a subscription fee and Affinity is good value, it will also get to be even better value as the months go by. Unfortunately adopters of Affinity products that have migrated from Adobe also want Affinity to morph into Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign or at the very least have all the features "they" use.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

7 hours ago, firstdefence said:

You thought wrong, Affinity isn't a replacement for Adobe, its been touted as such by some reviewers but I think that is just sensationalism and not a realistic nor intelligent comparison.

People are replacing Adobe with Affinity because they don't want to pay a subscription fee and Affinity is good value, it will also get to be even better value as the months go by. Unfortunately adopters of Affinity products that have migrated from Adobe also want Affinity to morph into Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign or at the very least have all the features "they" use.

Thank you for the response. I appreciate you delightfully correcting my thoughts. I would ask that you simply consider the history of Affinity. Where they started, where they are now, and where they are going. They have recently moved into beta with Publisher. If this isn't a clear strategy to move even closer into the Adobe realm, I don't know what is. I'm sure you know this already since you are likely on the strategy team at Affinity and know the roadmap on the business to be able to confidently say that Affinity isn't a replacement for Adobe. One last challenge, a simple google search. "Affinity vs. Adobe". It will leave your head spinning with all the other "not realistic nor intelligent comparisons" of Affinity to Adobe.

10 minutes ago, avosagency said:

I'm sure you know this already since you are likely on the strategy team at Affinity

Although @firstdefence happens to be in Nottingham, he is just a user like you and me. (Serif staff can be identified by their moderator status and/or the ‘Staff’ badge below their avatars.)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hey my mum says I'm special and so do my carers.
I'm not associated with Affinity only by location and even then I'm not like next-door, I've tried getting in but the security guards keep throwing me out, I'm just digging a tunnel :ph34r: but don't tell anyone. Sarcasm is wasted on me, I'm not smart enough to get it but don't let that stop you :D

People want Affinity to be a clone of adobe but for a fraction of the price but all of the features. I don't consider any of Affinity's programs to be Adobe'esque, for one their feature set is nowhere near adobes and Affinity's features won't be well rounded for a long time, its like comparing an early Skoda to a Ferrari lol! (Its a very nice Skoda). If people insist on calling Affinity the "adobe slayer" or whatever other sensationalist phrase is being bandied about its no wonder people have this in their heads. This is the mistake people are making, trying to fit the adobe shoe onto Affinity and most end up frustrated because Affinity ISN'T Adobe.

If Adobe was priced the same as Affinity or even slightly higher I'd say most who have used Adobe products in the past would go back. It would not surprise me at all if adobe started selling a cut down version of photoshop with the option to buy tools as add-ons/bolt-ons in order to lure some of their lost users back.

At the end of the day think what you like, if you want Affinity to be the next generation Adobe go for it. I don't but I'm happy for you to run with this idea, I can't particularly see much benefit to it to be honest, maybe I'm missing something.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

2 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Hey my mum says I'm special and so do my carers.
I'm not associated with Affinity only by location and even then I'm not like next-door, I've tried getting in but the security guards keep throwing me out, I'm just digging a tunnel :ph34r: but don't tell anyone. Sarcasm is wasted on me, I'm not smart enough to get it but don't let that stop you :D

People want Affinity to be a clone of adobe but for a fraction of the price but all of the features. I don't consider any of Affinity's programs to be Adobe'esque, for one their feature set is nowhere near adobes and won'rt be for a long time, its like comparing an early Skoda to a Ferrari lol! (Its a very nice Skoda). If people insist on calling Affinity the "adobe slayer" or whatever other sensationalist phrase is being bandied about its no wonder people have this in their heads. This is the mistake people are making, trying to fit the adobe shoe onto Affinity and most end up frustrated because Affinity ISN'T Adobe.

If Adobe was priced the same as Affinity or even slightly higher I'd say most who have used Adobe products in the past would go back. It would not surprise me at all if adobe started selling a cut down version of photoshop with the option to buy tools as add-ons/bolt-ons in order to lure some of their lost users back.

At the end of the day think what you like, if you want Affinity to be the next generation Adobe go for it. I don't but I'm happy for you to run with this idea, I can't particularly see much benefit to it to be honest, maybe I'm missing something.

You should keep digging that tunnel. You seem to be good at that. (wasted sarcasm isn't stopping me) People want Affinity to be better.. and better.. and better.. to combat Adobe. Of course, people want "bargains", but that's not the point here.

What started this conversation, to use your car analogy, is by folks saying they wish that both cars had one simple, similar feature. They both have steering wheels, tires, and an engine. You know, the important stuff, but they are both cars (design software) so that is to be expected. Yes, one is more expensive than the other, but what if Skoda had stopped developing? Take a 1984 Skoda Rapid and compare it to a 2018 Skoda Kodiaq. We don't expect the history of the Skoda to be a direct lineage comparison to the rich history of the Ferarri, but we do expect it to have features that belong in a 2018 vehicle. If ANY of the 2018 Skoda's looked like they did in 1984, they wouldn't be a $9b company.  

For the record, I have a full Adobe cc subscription that I use every day. I like Affinity and want to see it become better than what it is today and not hold it back. Maybe Affinity has the option for you to change your title from "Dedicated User" to something more fitting to your pessimist attitude towards the company?

At the end of the day, the only thing I regret about spending my time chatting with you is the inability to be able to go to the pub and talk about his over a pint in person, because I'm confident that we would be best mates in the matter of no time. Until that can happen, cheers mate.  B|

People just want simple and quick workflows in their tasks... generally they are about the same in both AP and PS. Comparison is inevitable but it is not reasonable to expect that everything works the same. We certainly wish AP works better.

9 minutes ago, Fixx said:

People just want simple and quick workflows in their tasks... generally they are about the same in both AP and PS. Comparison is inevitable but it is not reasonable to expect that everything works the same. We certainly wish AP works better.

Wishes do come true ;-)

13 hours ago, avosagency said:

At the end of the day, the only thing I regret about spending my time chatting with you is the inability to be able to go to the pub and talk about his over a pint in person, because I'm confident that we would be best mates in the matter of no time. Until that can happen, cheers mate.  B|

If I ever get to the USA I'll buy you a beer B|