DevilTom

Export to pdf not possible

Hello,

I'm using the Mac and Win version of Affinity Designer.

I created a roll-up banner, 101 x 209 cm, with a high-res picture and text, the size is 79MB.

Unfortunately I'm not able to export to a pdf for our printing shop. On the Mac and Win PC.

After a short scroll bar information I got the message "Failure to export to ...".

Thank you for your feedback with a workaround.

Regards, Tom.

Hi Tom,

Can you attach the file to this link so we can take a look for you? 

I've just created a document the same size and placed a few high-res images on it and it seemed okay so I'm interested to see what is causing the issue with your document. Cheers :)

Hi Tom 

Im still pending on that problem as well, I had a previous post on problems in exporting PDF, Probably it requires some updates.

I hope it's being worked on...

Cheers

Hello again,
I like Affinity Designer. I am able to create mockups very fast with a very good quality.

But, to hand off to a print shop the app is not suitable.
- I am in trouble to export to a pdf
- The feedback is that the quality do not match the requirements

For business needs I have to go back to an agency. With all the negative aspects (cost intensive, time consuming, a lots of discussions about details, etc.)

I am really happy to have Affinity Designer :) . Especially for the offered price :rolleyes: .

Hi DevilTom

As Chris B requested above, can you please upload the file you are having the problem with to the link he provided. Without looking at the file we are unable to tell what may be causing to fail to PDF. If you could also give information on the settings you are using to export to and any requirements you expect to see in the exported file.

Until we get that information so we can investigate what is causing the issue, we can only give speculative suggestions that may not be accurate

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com