You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Matt,

The only reason I was asking about creating a custom 'dotted line' brush was so I can create dotted lines in the MAS version and then be able to print off a drawing. As it stands I can't do that until the new fixed BETA update is ready. When will that be?

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

• Staff

Are you printing locally? If so, an easy way to do it temporarily is simply to use the beta version and save the document as a PNG at something like 600dpi then print it - the output will be exactly the same on most home printers. I appreciate this is not an ideal solution, but if you want to use dashed lines then you have to use the beta version at the moment - and the beta version is exactly that, beta, and you are experiencing one of the known bugs in it. We can't rush out a beta build before we're ready because we would be compromising the quality of the product. If you wish to use the MAS version, you can indeed create a brush with the appearance of dotted lines - but this again will simply be printing as raster data so there is no benefit.

Ok Matt I don't have a problem with creating a bitmap of the drawing to get the dotted lines.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

• 2 months later...

Any news on dotted lines?

I just bought Affinity Designer and I really need it.

I need dotted curves to connect cities on a map but my image brush keeps stretching the dots.

To achieve what I want they should be perfectly round even when drawing curves.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Hi,

They are not available at the moment. If you download the Beta version of AF then you cab draw dotted lines. The Beta version is free and can be downloaded from the AF Forum.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi eyelight,

The beta version is a development version where we implement and test all the new features until they become stable and ready to be implemented in the retail version (MAS). Dashed lines, the new Corner Tool, text-on-a-path function plus other improvements/fixes are some of the new features that will be available in the next Affinity Designer update on the Mac App Store.

To remove nodes from a path, change to the Node tool, click on the nodes you want to delete and press delete/backspace on your keyboard.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if you've answered this on any other forum but, why not add the descriptor text under each field of the dash settings? Like in AI. It would be such a great help. Of course once you get the AD way you get it. But it should be an easy thing not a confusing thing.

Thanks